Author Topic: Peter Reinhart's new pizza restaurant is now open.  (Read 1915 times)

Offline JimmyG

Peter Reinhart's new pizza restaurant is now open.
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:28:38 AM »
Apparently, Peter Reinhart  and son (???) have opened up a new restaurant in Charlotte NC. Oddly, there are only sparse photos of the actual pizza on the facebook page and nothing on the website. I did not see a menu posted either but it may be buried within the page some where.

In any case, below are the links to the websites:
http://www.facebook.com/PurePizza
http://www.purepizzaclt.com/

"About
Charlotte's only Farm-2-Fork Pizzeria. We believe that in order for a pizza to be great it must first have a great crust. We also believe that a great crust deserves the best tasting farm fresh toppings, organically grown whenever possible."

Culinary Team   Chef Peter Reinhart, Austin Crum, Chris Reinhart & Gene DiaPolo
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Online scott123

Re: Peter Reinhart's new pizza restaurant is now open.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »
One can only hope that he'll be so busy making pizza, he'll no longer have time to write about it  ;D

Offline Pizzamaster

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »
Oddly, there are only sparse photos of the actual pizza on the facebook page and nothing on the website.

What he hasn't taken enough of them over the years?

Offline Meatballs

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
We tried Reinhart's recipe years ago when I was lost in the world of bad pizza, it was, alas, another dead end road.  I want to go to Tom Lehman's place if he ever opens up a shop.

Ron

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:42:31 PM »
Their yelp site has some pictures, sprouted grain crust? Sounds interesting and trendy.

Offline SinoChef

• Not delivery ha ....OMG you.... Digiornoed me
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 03:46:45 AM »
One can only hope that he'll be so busy making pizza, he'll no longer have time to write about it  ;D

LOL!

Thats just cold man! haha

Offline Meatballs

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:19:19 AM »
sprouted grain crust? Sounds interesting and trendy.

Sounds desperate, like all the brewpubs that baked spent grain bread back in the 90's.  I don't eat trendy, I eat good.  Make a classic and build a name before you get all "trendy". 

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
I'm a big fan of Reinhart's work in the bread baking field, I feel his "Bread Baker's Appretice" book is top notch. American Pie was a very interesting read, but his pizza recipes were no better then what I was already doing. I wish him luck, he seems to be a good guy and is passionate about what he is doing. I agree with Meatballs, we have enough "trendy" crap everywhere you look. Just give me "good".