Author Topic: Re: Costco Business Delivery Cheeses  (Read 870 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Re: Re: Costco Business Delivery Cheeses
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 12:09:43 AM »
Tom, I made it to Costco Biz today after work.

Good news is they had all the cheeses you mention.

How do you know Precious is on the way out?  Did you talk to the manager?

Also, what about Precious is the best?  And when you say that a certain cheese is close to Grande, are you talking about Precious or Bella Rosano?

I am not sure but I think I buy Precious at Trader Joe's when I don't want to buy a big brick of cheese like at Costco. 

If I was to buy one cheese at Costco biz which would you recommend and why? It's between Precious and Bella Rosano.  I know which one you would recommend but why.

Thanks ...

The Bella Rosano whole milk mozzarella in the Block is very close to Grande cheese in flavor and in texture, but costs so much less. (Of course Grande is better, but costs so much more)  The Bella Rosano Pizza Blend will change up the flavor for those that want something different than straight Mozzarella flavor. Also, they might just have been out of stock. I have not heard that they were deleting Bella Rosano, just the Precious cheese.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:13:58 AM by TomN »

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »
Tom, I know why they are dropping Precious now. I just read the other day that the makers of Precious are stopping making Precious but they make another brand now but not sure if the brand will replace Precious at Costco. Costco can't sell Precious if it's not made any longer.

But what about Precious do you like over Bella Rosano?

Offline Gluten4punishment

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 07:14:12 PM »
I used to like costco pizza....then I started making my own and got pretty good at it.

Went back to costco one day and bought a slice,  was like WOW this pizza sucks!!   Its very oily, dough has no flavor ( I use SD starter now) and it usually soggier than crispy.

Its still a good value for a kids pizza pary etc but I dont buy it anymore, I ruined it for myself here ; )

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 08:59:47 PM »
I used to like costco pizza....then I started making my own and got pretty good at it.

Went back to costco one day and bought a slice,  was like WOW this pizza sucks!!   Its very oily, dough has no flavor ( I use SD starter now) and it usually soggier than crispy.

Its still a good value for a kids pizza pary etc but I dont buy it anymore, I ruined it for myself here ; )

I have something to say about this. I have to agree with you. I come from the same school of thought on this as you.

I used to love Costco pizza. I am not so far as to say it sucks but I get what you mean. 

I was used to all the fast food pizzas like Pizza Hut and places like that but one day I went to a pizza place in Circus Circus in Las Vegas. Yes that's right Circus Circus and it was a great quality pizza.  I never had one so good. It was not NY Style but it was very good.  So after that I sought out restaurant quality and found a place near me called Angelo's that was great. Restaurant quality but still not NYC Style.  Well then I discover Costco pizza. I think it was Price Club pizza then it turned into Costco.  I thought man this is way better than Pizza Hut and Dominos and all that .  I thought it was almost up there with restaurant quality pizza.

Okay flash forward, I find out about NY Style pizza (even tho I am in California).  I get turned onto that and never look back. I love NY Pizza and I am hooked, so after that I drop Costco pizza.

I went and got a Polish Dog at Costco for lunch today. I was looking at the pizza thinking maybe one day I will try a piece since it's been years.  Now that I make my own or search out NY Pizza style at different places I have no desire to have a Costco pizza. But out of curiosity I want to have some.

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
Re: Costco Business Delivery Cheeses
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 04:35:49 PM »
PE101,

I just saw that the Bella Rosano brand is actually also from Cascade Dairy Products in Hayward, the same company that makes the NB brand. They also make the Cheswick cheese available at Costco.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 04:59:32 PM »
PE101,

I just saw that the Bella Rosano brand is actually also from Cascade Dairy Products in Hayward, the same company that makes the NB brand. They also make the Cheswick cheese available at Costco.

Since they are the same then I am doing well with Bella Rosano. In fact I am making pizza now and just shredded up some Bella. I am making pizza to trade for donuts. My friend's parents own a donut shop and I make pizza, so I can trade pizza for donuts.

Offline roksngr

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »
I just bought both the Northbeach part-skim and the Bella Rosa (Sp)  whole milk and the later is super salty. I actually like the Northbeach better and I think it tastes more similar to Grande. I'm going to mix the 2 and hopefully I'll get good results.
Coming Soon! Building my Mobile Pizza Trailer. Hopefully open by June 1, 2015

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 08:12:35 PM »
I just bought both the Northbeach part-skim and the Bella Rosa (Sp)  whole milk and the later is super salty. I actually like the Northbeach better and I think it tastes more similar to Grande. I'm going to mix the 2 and hopefully I'll get good results.

I'll have to try the Northbeach part-skim. I never had it because I don't care for part-skim, whole milk is for me but I will try it out of curiosity because you like it.  I bought the pizza blend but find it to be just okay.  The Bella Rosa whole milk is my fave which I should have gotten but was just curious about the pizza blend. It's fine but not as good as Bella whole. I am curious about this Northbeach part-skim though.

Online mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 10:19:58 PM »
I recently bought the Bella Rosano.  We thought it was excellent.  The only negative was, as mentioned, it is salty.  But, we like salt....
Mitch