Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 383 times)

Offline lmonte

• I Love Pizza!
Need some advice
« on: April 22, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »
 I'm currently using Sorrento part skim low moisture mozzarella and was recently approached to try boars head low moisture part skim mozzarella. Has anyone used these two cheeses to give me a comparison? Besides Boars Head being more expensive how else do they differ. Making pizza in a wood fired brick oven. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »
Different cheese from different manufacturers can/will perform differently in different ovens due to differences in baking temperature, baking time, top/bottom heat balance as well as airflow characteristics of the oven. I'd suggest going back to whoever is trying to change you over and ask for a sample to work with to see how they compare in your oven specifically. No sample, no change.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline lmonte

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 12:13:13 PM »
Thank you... I will do just that.

:)

Offline toman72

• Always Learning something new!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
Imonte,

I happen to use both. The boars head is whole milk low moisture. I have never seen the skim milk variety here in georgia. I have used both the WM sorrento and part skim. The sorrento has much better flavor than the boars head and better stretchability too. It smells buttery when you open the package. I usually use 1/2 BH and 1/2 sorrento. Mmmm tasty!..
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:56:53 PM by toman72 »