Author Topic: Brother's/OIP New York Style Pizza  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Deggar

• I Love Pizza!
Brother's/OIP New York Style Pizza
« on: September 28, 2005, 05:09:55 PM »
DESPERATE!!!!

Please help!!! 

Three years ago my wife and I moved our family to Seattle, WA. Since that time I have been a man deprived of the best tasting pizza in the whole world. My only salvation has been visits back to my stomping grounds of central Pennsylvania when we visit relatives.  Needless to say traveling back to PA just for a pizza is ridiculous.

What I am missing is the pizza dough style used at Brother's Pizza or Original Italian Pizza for their New York-style crust.  Anyone who has tried either of these 2 chains can vouch that these guys have the best pizza...hands down.  I would like the recipe for the pizza dough used at one of them, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Also, please treat me as a pizza making newbie. I don't know a lot of advanced techniques. I can make your basic home recipes and I do most of the baking or cooking at my home. After 2 years of trying to replicate this recipe though, I am surrendering my "male ego" and reaching for help!

Thank you all!

-Deprived Taste Buds in Seattle......

Offline dminkus

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Brother's/OIP New York Style Pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:57:02 PM »
What Brother's pizza place was it? What city? There are several that I've seen, but only one I've eaten at. I live in York.

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:05:53 PM »
Pretty sure most brothers pizza in this area are all independent, like Jo Jo's...

Whoops just seen this post was from 2005
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:09:14 PM by Coon88 »

Offline boalpd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 08:33:11 AM »
IMO, the best central Pa pizza is Highway Pizza in State College!

pizzapan