Author Topic: Pizza is Beautiful  (Read 10577 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Pizza is Beautiful
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 09:21:36 AM »
I am currently experiencing a profound family loss in Germany and think I will prolly take a 'lil time out from the forum here.

Bob,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. If it is any consolation, my father, who lived with me for several years and knew my every move, once told me that he could tell when things weren't going well with me from what I would say or do, including the tone. That lesson taught me to never write or do anything when I was angry or upset or just having a bad day. In the same vein, a boss once told me if I planned to write someone a nasty letter, it was OK to compose such a letter but to sit on it for one day and then decide. I don't think I ever sent out one of the letters.

We look forward to your return to the forum once things settle down.

Peter

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »
I cut the sausage casing open lengthwise and remove the sausage. I pres it out flat to about 1/2 of its original thickness. I then sprinkle the whole seeds across the surface (~1/2tsp). I then give it a pretty even coating of cayenne (adjust for your preferred heat level), and a couple grinds of black pepper. To finish, I cut it in half and stack the halves then press it flat. I repeat this 4 or 5 times to be sure I have a nice even mix then make a ball and put it in the fridge. I like to do it at least a couple hours before using it.

Craig

Craig,

Thanks. That's perfect.

Peter

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 11:05:39 AM »
Johnsonville has an unstuffed Italian sausage too. The only place that I've ever seen it is Super K-Mart.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »
Don,

Is the Johnsonville bulk mild sausage the same as is used in the individual sausages with the casings?

Peter

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »
Don,

Is the Johnsonville bulk mild sausage the same as is used in the individual sausages with the casings?

Peter
I don't know Peter. I make my own Italian sausage for pizza and lasagna, but I have used the bulk Johnsonville and seasoned it like Craig when I don't have the time or motivation to make my own. I really can hardly tell the difference between the homemade and the spiced up Johnsonville. It is a really good sausage--just a little too mild.

Offline juniorballoon

• Supporting Member
    • Sirfoodalot
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 12:08:25 PM »
Peter,
I know that junior meant no harm......I have noticed that he is a fun interactive type of pizza person. I am currently experiencing a profound family loss in Germany and think I will prolly take a 'lil time out from the forum here. Thank you for being so kind Peter.
Junior, no hard feelings ok?   ;)

ps. I have noticed that the noob section has a newfound ship shape order to it's folks...good job Peter...

No hard feelings Bob. I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. While I am not new to forum/search/noob etiquette I do have a tendency to just ask. In part I sometimes don't think to search, but it's also that I just like to have a conversation.

I hope when you return we can continue that conversation.

jb

Offline petef

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »
....... That lesson taught me to never write or do anything when I was angry or upset or just having a bad day. In the same vein, a boss once told me if I planned to write someone a nasty letter, it was OK to compose such a letter but to sit on it for one day and then decide. I don't think I ever sent out one of the letters.

That's an excellent rule to live by, similar to my own. Similar because I try to live by "the 24 hour rule" which says don't send a message for 24 hours that was written in anger or when I'm upset. Where you and I differ is I'd encourage people to write a message or letter in anger or while upset because it can be quite therapeutic and calming to get it all out while allowing yourself to think deeper about the issue. Then sit on that letter for 24 hours, have a good sleep, and then review and/or modify your message before sending it out or trashing it. As you said, many times you won't even send it. :)

---pete---

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »
Jack: Did you drink and dial?

Sideways (2004)
Pizza is not bread.

parallei

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2012, 09:55:41 PM »
I'll play.......tonight's pie.

Pizza is beautiful and pepperoni is pretty.

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Gorgeous char on the pepperoni and a picture perfect crumb, Paul!
Pizza is not bread.

parallei

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2012, 10:11:02 PM »
Thanks Craig.  It is one of your 48 hr and 2% starter deals.  Contadina flour.

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 11:05:54 AM »
For framing, do you like the actual image, or something like a watercolor?
Pizza is not bread.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »
Craig,

I personally like the real thing.

Peter

enter8

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
ditto what Peter said. I think the bottom pic is what your pizza looks like after a few bottles of mouton  :-D - still a looker though!  

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
Craig, please send me the hi-res version(s)... I have a 13" Epson R3000.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline scott123

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
That's funny, I was looking at a photo of this yesterday and thinking about some kind of paint filter. What got me started was the fact, that, even without a filter, the bottom piece of basil looks a little like it was painted.

Craig, I wouldn't necessarily give up on the filter, but I think there's a filter (or a filter setting) that might give you a little more subtlety.

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »
I'm strangly attracted to the watercolor (actually Photoshop "Dry Brush") version.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2012, 12:12:36 PM »
More subtle.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2012, 12:17:25 PM »
I think the first watercolor would be nice in a frame as long as it was kept on the smallish side....reminds me of something you'd see in Italy.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »
I don't know, I think that the beauty is in the product. I like the original photo best. A painter's passion and artistic abilities show in his brushstrokes, but you don't have that with a computer filter.

That being said, round objects lend themselves well to kaleidoscopes. I'm not saying that these should be hung in the garage, but they are pretty cool nonetheless.