Author Topic: Food Processor - KitchenAid - or - Cuisinart ?  (Read 10059 times)

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
Re: Food Processor - KitchenAid - or - Cuisinart ?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 09:18:08 AM »
Another one today available in blue, $111.59.....you'll never beat that price!
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 06:15:48 PM »
I just bought the 13 cup Kitchen Aid model for $165 and I am happy with it so far. I will say that clean up is an absolute beast though. There are so many nooks and crannies on the bowl lid that if you spatter anything anywhere it is going to shoot up both feed tubes on the machine. Other than that though it is great and very strong. I made a Brioche dough in it the other day and didn't expect it to turn out well since I've only seen leaner doughs made in a food processor, but it came together way better than it would have in my mixer and in 2 minutes instead of 15.

I have seen on Seriouseats.com Slice website that bringing together dough quicker in a food processor is crucial to replicating New York style dough since it doesn't oxidize it is much, and it also seems to rise a lot more than dough mixed longer in stand mixer. But that is their experience and I can't speak to that at all. My brioche dough rose about the same, but that was a very enriched dough vs. a much leaner NY-style pizza dough.

Either one you go with though will last for quite a while. I spent quite a bit of time researching and it seems that it is a 50/50 toss up, so I went with the KA since it would match my new mixer. You're going to have people on both sides of the camp that root the hardest. I will say though that the Kitchen-Aid has the two speed setting, Low and High, and it also features the adjustable slicing from outside the machine. You don't have to remove the slicing blade to manually adjust it. You just slide the lever and it changes it from super thin to thick in seconds. That was a feature I really liked about it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:19:57 PM by rcbaughn »
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline pizzaoven dot com

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Hi everyone,

Back in the 80s, mom bought a beautiful Cuisinart brand food processor.  The thing still works, and is built like a tank.  

I'm currently thinking of buying a new one, and wonder if anyone here has a newer model of either a Cuisinart or KitchenAid food processor....

I don't see many good reviews on any of the Kitchen Aid food processors, this is really sad to see from such a great
company.  Lack of power is a constant complaint with so many of the KitchenAid models.  == Perhaps it's because I'm looking at the wrong model.  Is there a KA model that
has tons of power ? perhaps so... if you have one, please let me know.

If you DO have a KitchenAid model that does have tons of power, I really want to hear from you.  I find it so difficult to find info like "what is the strongest, most
powerful food processor that KA has to offer"  - I can't find a good answer.

So with that said, those of you that do have food processors, are you Cuisinart fans ( using new models ? ) if so, what model should I be looking for ?

Thanks for any advice, info, help !

My family grew up on Kitchenaid products; however, I really love my Ninja. It works perfectly well for preparing tons of things. I love mine and use it daily from making tomato sauce to smoothies. I even chop meats and veggies in it. There are lids and smaller containers that I use to transport my guacamole or salsa to parties.

Christina Koller
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:35:34 PM by Pete-zza »
Christina Koller

Offline Tatoosh

• Munch Munch Munch
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »
Okay, a couple of other brands to look at if toughness and durability is the key.

Both were initially made by the same outfit who, reportedly, originally made for Cuisinart.  Not sure, just what I heard.

Magimix (3200XL) is one that you can look for.  Around $450 and up though used and refurbished can be bought substantially cheaper.  They are considered the low end of the ...

Robot Coupe which has many models, starts around $890 (I think) and can go up for thousands of dollars.  Found in your serious restaurants where they need tough machines that will do lots and lots, then lots more after that.  If you happen to find one sitting in a thrift shop or put up cheap on craigslist, you might want to grab it. 
Banana Ketchup Is Not Pizza Sauce - Weber 22.5 OTG, Smokenator 1000, Kettle Pizza Insert, White Mountain 6qt Elec, Cuisinart ICE-20 1.5qt, FMS 1500D sous vide - Mabuhay Pizza!