Author Topic: Premium Quality Specialty Sausage  (Read 1960 times)

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
Premium Quality Specialty Sausage
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:19:36 PM »
http://www.pontrelli.com/home_page.htm

Awesome sausage!!!!  "customers include over 400 Southern California neighborhood Delis and Pizzarias, ranging from single family owned units to large multi unit chains."

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Premium Quality Specialty Sausage
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 05:35:43 PM »
MSG, corn syrup. Sorry I'll pass. Our family made a very basic sausage and it was great. I just can't figure the corn syrup.
I think the worst thing that changed sausage was when we created lean pigs for health. The flavor and texture went with the changes.

Offline whochee

• Eat some for me!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »
Looks great until reading those shipping charges.  Bummer
pizzapizzapizzapizzapizzapizzapizzapizzapizza

Offline gottabedapan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »
MSG, corn syrup. Sorry I'll pass.

I'll pass, too. Nothing says "quality product" like adding, not one, but TWO allergens to your sausage.

Our family made a very basic sausage and it was great. I just can't figure the corn syrup.
I think the worst thing that changed sausage was when we created lean pigs for health. The flavor and texture went with the changes.

Apizza, the corn syrup is to enhance the "mouth feel," i.e., cover up the mushy texture.

Lean pork may be healthy, but if I wanted "healthy," I wouldn't be eating sausage (or pizza) in the first place.

I've found the best cut for sausage to be Boston Butt, aka Picnic Shoulder: it's got fat streaks all through it, so they can't trim it away, so it makes a nice, juicy sausage.

Offline loch

• I love pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:55:48 AM »
I agree with gottabedapan on all counts. Also, if you have the time, both home and business options are there for maknig your own and it's very easy.  If you don't have the time then take the same care that you would in selecting cheese, sauce ingredients and dough.

Dave
"As long as when she takes me out she buys me pizza and beer!"

pizzapan