Author Topic: Years of experimenting, now getting serious!  (Read 167 times)

Offline Riprazor

Years of experimenting, now getting serious!
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
Cooking seems to run in my family.  My brother is a grad of CIA and teaches culinary arts and I have always had a passion for cooking, pizza being a favorite.  Like many, I have been making pizza for years and while it was decent, it was never what I would consider really good.  The crust was never quite right, the sauce tasted like the stuff you put on spaghetti (because it was).  Well, I decided to figure out what was wrong and that lead me here!  As it turns out, a great deal was wrong!  Everything from the flour, to the process of forming the crust (I am embarrassed to say I used a rolling pin), my proofing stage (or lack there of), etc.  I would say my previous creations were a 6 on a 1-10 scale.  I would say I have been able to move to a 7.5, which is still a "C" as a result of changes I have made, hand tossing, 00 flour, proper proofing, appropriate sauce.  I am waiting for my Fibrament stone to arrive and have been using screens.  I suspect I can get to at least and 8 via the use of the stone.  I greatly appreciate all I have learned from the forums!

Barry L. aka Riprazor, North Oaks, Minnesota

pizzapan