Author Topic: Cuisine at Home - Wolfgang Puck's Pizza  (Read 4787 times)

Offline foodblogger

• Favorite Chain Pizza - Gino's East
    • My Food Blog
Cuisine at Home - Wolfgang Puck's Pizza
« on: February 18, 2006, 02:24:51 PM »
My latest issue of Cuisine at Home arrived today.  There was a special on Wolfgang Puck's pizza at home.  I am interested to see what people think.  Although Cuisine at Home is an amazing resource, I personally found their special on deep dish pizza to be woefully inadequate.

Makes 4 crusts, 7-8 inches thicker, or 10 - 12 inches thinner, your choice

1 packet active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 t honey
1 T olive oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 t table salt

Dissolve yeast in water.  Stir in honey and let stand until bubbles form.  Add flour and salt.  Use paddle attachment to mix, then change to dough hook.  Knead until dough comes away from sides and clusters around the hook, about 5 minutes.  Turn out and hand kneed.  Trasnfer to a bowl, lighly oiled, and cover.  Let rise 30-60 minutes.

Divide into 4 pieces, shape into balls.  Cover with plastic wrap and let rise another 30-60 minutes.  Shape into pizzas.

He includes some directions about baking on a baking stone at about 500, and then some recipes for some California-looking pies.

I don't know about this one.  Cuisine does so many things amazingly well, but they seem to fall short on pizza.  IMHO they should get some of the guys from this forum to do an article.  If you are looking for THE SOURCE on pizza making at home, you need look no further than pizzamaking.com.

Offline Wazatron

• 100% Pizza!!
Re: Cuisine at Home - Wolfgang Puck's Pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 11:11:49 PM »
Wow, I was just thinking the EXACT same thing when looking over the W. Puck pizza article in my new Cuisine at Home.  I just tried the Deep Dish pizza not more than two weeks ago, and was really, really not happy with the results.   Well, it tasted really good... but the cheese was severely burned (if I only knew then...) and the "slices" were more like goulash than pizza.  It was more like pot-pie than deep dish.  I'm anxious to try the W. Puck pizzas and will certainly reply here when and if I get to it. :)