Author Topic: Newly finished prep kitchen for mobile operation  (Read 3973 times)

Offline four o pizza

Re: Newly finished prep kitchen for mobile operation
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 09:45:21 AM »
That a really nice set up, congradulations on your hard work and planning, I wish I could build one in my garage, unfortunately I live in California and the health dept would never allow it, maybe it's time to move?.....oh yah I am moving. Thanks for the thread. Joe.

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 09:46:26 AM »
You are completely insane, and I love it.  Please take a Texas tour. :-D :chef:

Did not take you long to figure me out, I am completely insane :-D

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »
John,

my wife and I will be attending the workshop in October. Unfortunately that is the first chance i will have to attend as my Job right now does not allow for time to do it. this will be my last year doing it but right now I work on a flower farm and there simply isnt time for it this time of the year. As i said this is the last year of working on the farm, starting this fall i will be devoting full time to the new buisness venture. We hope to do as close as possible for me to a neopolitan style pizza, I still have tons to learn about the pizza making process, wanna plan a trip to Oregon to help me out feel free ;D... I must say you have been one of my biggest inspirations on this site following what you have been doing the past couple of years, so i guess I can at least partly blame all this on you. As far as recovering all my investment I will probably be doing events when i am 90, but seriously although it is an important aspect and it has to be, my main driving focus is the love of bringing good food to the people, its a passion i have always had burning inside me, catering is something that has always been my dream and nothing makes me happier than seeing people enjoy the hard work and long hours it takes to bring them good food. About a year ago we decided that the pizza operation was the way we wanted to go, good choice, bad choice, only time will tell, but even with our so far limited experience with pizza I think it will turn out to be a great choice.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »
 but seriously although it is an important aspect and it has to be, my main driving focus is the love of bringing good food to the people, its a passion i have always had burning inside me, catering is something that has always been my dream and nothing makes me happier than seeing people enjoy the hard work and long hours it takes to bring them good food.

Now I know you have been reading my thread  ;D !! Love this comment ! Better have that passion in this business, I  will leave the rest for your education. going to post now in FWF my event from Yesterday  and this comment rings so true.

I also plan to be doing Seniorpolitan pizza as long as I can  :-D

good news in a few years skies the limit with your setup, and pizza may be Just a sidebar.
if you are on Facebook are you on theMobile woodfired interest group? love to add you on on board some great knowledge and priceless infor there !! as well pizza here  mobile bus. there
Fell free to ask and questions glad to help !! and yes I would come to oregon skip the seminar/workshop whatever they call it  and fly me out !
Again -  CONGRATS!
JOhn
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:19:21 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »
Thanks for the comments John, I will definately check out the facebook you mentioned, and you better be careful what you offer, I'll have you on the next flight to Portland ;D

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
Oh well, I had the coolest garage for a little while anyway...  :'(  :-D

Very nice! I can't wait to see your pies. Let me know if I can help.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »
Craig, you still have the coolest garage, you have the "man" garage :D I don't have a cool built in pizza oven the size of a dump truck in mine...lol...oh and i need all the help I can get....I love the post about the process of getting that monster in the garage

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »
That a really nice set up, congradulations on your hard work and planning, I wish I could build one in my garage, unfortunately I live in California and the health dept would never allow it, maybe it's time to move?.....oh yah I am moving. Thanks for the thread. Joe.

start packing and move north, i know someone who may be willing to share a prep kitchen :D

Offline Alligator

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »
Wow awesome job.  I am double impressed that you did it yourself!

For some reason when I read your thread title about being a mobile operation, and then saw your pictures, I thought the prep kitchen was in your trailer.  After finding out it was a separate facility I am still impressed, though.  :chef:

Congrats.

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
OMG! That is a seriously excellent job converting your garage. Very professional. I'm envious of it actually....to just be able to go into my garage (assuming I had a garage, which I don't) to prep and clean. It's going to save you hours and hours as opposed to having to go to a professional kitchen.  :)

Your garage is like the lost soulmate of Craig's garage. Put the two garages together and you've got some super-duper garage arse kicking pizza making havoc about to be unleashed on the multitudes!

Great kitchen. Looking forward to pics and stories or your experiments with the new oven and eventually landing your first gig. Go get 'em! --K    ;D
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »
Thank you for your kind words pizzablogger and thanks for the laugh, maybe craig and I should get our garages together and throw the ultimate pizzamaking.com party.....just have to figure out how to get my garage to Texas ;D

Online Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 09:40:27 PM »
Put the 2 together and you have...a restaurant.

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
we still need on more garage with a nice dining room in it :-D

Online Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »
In Texas we just throw some tables in the driveway and call it good...