Author Topic: Last night's pizza  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: Last night's pizza
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »
I don't really know what to compare it to but it's not that hot. It's got a nice affect on the tongue with good balance from the honey. It's really nice with pepperoni or sausage. It's not like your mouth is on fire like with Habaneros or such.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 08:01:38 PM »
That's essentially what I did (minus the vinegar). Cornicione54 linked my version above, but it doesn't have a recipe. I used a mess of dried hot chilies instead of red-pepper flakes. But same idea. You can get different heat levels using different chilies, obvs. I made really small batches that I went though quickly. (The stuff is addictive.)

The real thing definitely has vinegar.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »
I don't really know what to compare it to but it's not that hot. It's got a nice affect on the tongue with good balance from the honey. It's really nice with pepperoni or sausage. It's not like your mouth is on fire like with Habaneros or such.

I would loosely compare it to a spicy sweet-and-sour sauce but with the sweet-sour balance very tilted towards sweet. Obviously the sweet is a honey sweet not a sugar sweet.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »
Heat some honey, steep some red pepper flakes in it, add some vinegar and cook until the vinegar edge comes off. Strain and cool.

CL
What would be your suggested honey:vineger ration for a clone Craig? 80:20 maybe?   Thanks!
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »
deb,

Like to ask,ma'am, if you have ever cooked this same dough (formula and process) at a higher heat level, thanks!

Bob
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:28:09 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 07:15:41 AM »
deb,

Like to ask,ma'am, if you have ever cooked this same dough (formula and process) at a higher heat level, thanks!

Bob

Bob,

I haven't....  no higher heat source yet... LBE parts in the garage, just have to find time to create it.

Deb

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 10:48:36 AM »
Friday night's pizza

same as above except KAAP and biga only 12 hours.  I liked the KASL ones better but think I will use a KASL/KAAP blend next time. a few had too much oven time (trying to do too many things at once)

pepperoni, sorrento mozz
pepperoni, roasted grape tomatoes, smoked dry mozz (1/2 wm & ps, I think it was pollyo)
my version of wiseguy - smoked fennel sausage, smoked-roasted onion, smoked calabro fresh mozz  

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 01:55:25 PM »
Yum! Those look great!  :D

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 06:52:56 AM »
thanks ev