Author Topic: Out Door Wood Burning Pizza Oven  (Read 2936 times)

Offline hipchef

• I Love Pizza!
Out Door Wood Burning Pizza Oven
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:28:28 PM »
Hello all I am to busy cooking to build my own wood burning oven. I have a cabin in the Blue mountains of Oregon that I want to put an outside pizza oven.
 I just returned from Italy and would love to have pizza and wine for my friends and family when they come over. I could see the wood burning oven blazing while there is 3 feet of snow on the ground.......What does  everyone think is the best oven to buy............................................http://www.fornobravo.com/residential_pizza_oven/modular_pizza_oven.html............................Thanks...........Bill

Offline Alf

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Out Door Wood Burning Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:53:35 PM »
Hi Bill,

My name is Alf and I build wood-fired commercial brick bread ovens in the UK, last year I hooked up with Forno Bravo to import  the smaller Italian pizza ovens into the UK. There is a lot of comment regards the "right type of oven" and the correct materials to use in oven building to create the best oven.

Personally I tend to stick to the old deigns and materials as I like the feel of them and the finished product,  however, we do live in a modern world and some modern materials are just that much better, and I incorporate them when they are of use to me.

Ok, I sell FB ovens, they are quick to install and in my opinion work very well especially for the occasional user as the heat up quicker than a traditional brick oven. Also if the climate is inclement (as the UK is)provided the oven has a water proof roof / covering these prefabs will stand moisture and frost rater better than a brick one for outside use.

I am writing this email from Washington DC as I am over here installing a FB oven for some folks. Build is over and I am firing the oven for the first time today, with a bit of look will have some trial pizzas tomorrow night.

Alf

Offline vitoduke

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 04:50:45 PM »
Hi Bill ---I finished installing a Forno Bravo oven several weeks ago and have used it about 5-6 times . The pizza is fantastic, I'm using one of Lehmann's recipe's. I live in Napa and we are having our crush party tomorrow -we make our own wine- I'll be making six  18 inch pies.  I'm very happy with the oven, the web site is very informative, and James will get back to you if you have a question.  I built the Premio model. ---Mel

Offline hipchef

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 09:51:05 PM »
Hi Alf, thanks for the info. I just got back from the UK last week.

Mel I went to school at the CIA in ST Halena and I wish I was tasting some of your wine. If the Pizza didn't turn out we could pick up a bite to eat at the French Laundry.......Take care ..Bill

pizzapan