Author Topic: Multi-Use Scale  (Read 837 times)

parallei

Multi-Use Scale
« on: June 24, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »
I wanted to try Cake Yeast (CY) for the 1st time, but only for 520g of dough.  Required weight of CY was 0.58 g  (0.02 oz).  Told the wife I was off to find a scale that would get down that low.  Wife responds "Your reloading scale will do that won't it?".  Let's see, my typical 12 gauge target load is about 16.5 grains.  Duh.....sure will, just never thought of it.  So, .58 grams = 9 grains.

9 grains of CY:

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Multi-Use Scale
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:45 PM »
I wanted to try Cake Yeast (CY) for the 1st time, but only for 520g of dough.  Required weight of CY was 0.58 g  (0.02 oz).  Told the wife I was off to find a scale that would get down that low.  Wife responds "Your reloading scale will do that won't it?".  Let's see, my typical 12 gauge target load is about 16.5 grains.  Duh.....sure will, just never thought of it.  So, .58 grams = 9 grains.

9 grains of CY:

Two of my favorite hobbies - and I never thought of it either.  :-D
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Pennino

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »
 I like shooting things especially things that are tablefare. In 09, (last time I was at the range) I could still hit paper at 400yrds with my 03.A3 with open sights.
 I have used so many of my "work toys" in cooking over the years. Even way before the WWW came to be. My exwife would look at me like I was crazy when I went out to my service truck to get something while I was cooking. Contact thermometers (the first ones, still got one with the probe attachment), non-contact (infrared) thermometer. Or a propane torch to brown or do a glaze on meat.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 07:09:13 PM »
 My fishing scale won't work, it's only good for whoppers! :-D

Offline Pennino

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 07:44:17 PM »
I'm on a computer now that I don't have my good pics. When I get back on my main box. I will post a 168lb yellowfin tuna.

pizzapan