Thanks everyone again!
Yesterday I baked again. Unfortunately I've no pics - I was with friends and had no time. They enjoyed the pizzas, but I was really disappointed. Hardly leoparded, the "cornicione" did not look nice, crumb structure was small, plain flavour, the centre was "saucy" a little bit too much for me.
No char at all, for upskirt lovers.
So I will post my entire procedure, and I hope with your help (and maybe some oven mod, eventually) I can break it.
500g Caputo blu flour
2 little spoon salt (I'm waiting for the damn gram scale from ebay)
approx. 1g yeast.
Procedure for the dough:
- mix 70% of flour and 70% of water to autolyse - rest 20 minutes
- add 15% of water and yeast - rest 5 minutes
- add the rest of ingredients
Then I mix it in the bowl (by hand), and when it's "kneadable" I knead it for 5-7 minutes on the table. This time I felt the gluten build up, and then I probably overkneaded because I felt the dough "relaxing" again a bit. I stopped immediately after.
I made the dough friday night, left resting for 8 hours at 72 degrees, then put in the fridge for 4 hours, then balled, fridge again for 3-4 hours, then 1 hour at 72 degrees.
I always left the dough ferment 12, 14 hours at room temp without problem. This time I wanted to try to "freeze" a bit the yeast and build up more sugars (I've read that the fridge helps the flavour, while slowing down fermentation).
Result: the dough was a bit too elastic. I've had hard time in keeping the pizzas large enough - they were always shrinking on the counter.
The oven temp (upper part, where I cook) was around 650F, and the stone temp was lower of course, around 400F. I think that's the main problem. I need the stone to heat up better (for having the char), and also I'm sure I'm making mistakes in the dough creation.
I need a gram scale. I cannot imagine how that would be when I'll made my own sourdough. I see disaster coming.
So, here I am - heeeeelp!!!!