Author Topic: Caputo of Canada or other Caputo flour supplier in Canada?  (Read 1859 times)

Offline soapy

Caputo of Canada or other Caputo flour supplier in Canada?
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has actually ordered some flour from Caputo of Canada? I noticed their facebook page was created in 2011 and they have 2 posts on this forum but there haven't been any reviews.  Just wanted to make sure the site is legit.  I live in Winnipeg and am having a hell of a time finding caputo flour.  I even ended up placing an order on fornobravo.com but was not impressed with their customer service.  2 weeks after placing my order and they still didn't ship it.  I ended up cancelling the order which worked out because their shipping charges were ridiculous.  However, now I'm stuck with finding another source.  I guess I'll take one for the team and give the Caputo of Canada place a shot.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:56:14 PM by soapy »

Offline eliasalen

Re: Caputo of Canada or other Caputo flour supplier in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
the site is legit, but we do not have personal people to update our facebook on regular basis.  you can visit us at www.caputoofcanada.ca or you can call us at 416-903-5859.  We do ship to Winnipeg via Canada Post.

Offline soapy

Re: Caputo of Canada or other Caputo flour supplier in Canada?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »
Just an update for any of the Canadians looking for Caputo flour.  The Caputo of Canada site is indeed legit and I received my 25 kg bag of Caputo Pizzeria flour today.  Cost $115 with shipping to Winnipeg.  I tried every type 00 flour I could find in Winnipeg and found the one at La Grotta was the best.  I'm excited to see if this Caputo flour lives up to all the hype.  Too bad my test is going to have to wait until after my vacation.  I will post results and my kettle pizza setup when I get back.