Author Topic: Digital Scale Up To 11lbs Without Auto Shutdown  (Read 1313 times)

Offline hockman4357

Digital Scale Up To 11lbs Without Auto Shutdown
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
The Polder scale that I purchased at Costco seems to work well but the auto shutdown really drives me crazy!  It seems to be shutting down much sooner than the 3 minute mark.  What scale can you recommend that allows the auto shutdown to be turned off or at least saves the displayed weight prior to shutdown?

Offline 02ebz06

Re: Digital Scale Up To 11lbs Without Auto Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »
I just bought an Escali Model 136DK. Just received it today as a matter of fact.
I tested the Auto-Off function and it turned off after about 10 min. (Manual says after 5).
However I also bought the A/C power adapter and when you use it, it overrides the auto-off function and does not shut off.
It weighs up to 13 lbs., has a tare function and does Grams, Ounces, KG/gm and LB/Oz.
The platform is removable for cleaning.
Some useless information -- My cell phone weighs 132 grams.   :-D

Offline johnon

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
Go over to amazingribs.com

Under "buyers guide"  he has a few recommendations on best scales.

It is an excellent site for recipes, methods, etc.  He has tested pretty much everything.

Offline mykall

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »
The Polder scale that I purchased at Costco seems to work well but the auto shutdown really drives me crazy!  It seems to be shutting down much sooner than the 3 minute mark.  What scale can you recommend that allows the auto shutdown to be turned off or at least saves the displayed weight prior to shutdown?

Hockman,

I have the Polder KSC-305 and mine does the exact same thing.  Barely 5 seconds and it's out.  I emailed the company and they're sending me another one.  I can't imagine they wouldn't test it before they send it as I read a review somewhere that mentioned the same thing.  On mine if you look closely it's only the back light that goes out you can still read the numbers but they're faint.