Author Topic: Great success  (Read 1581 times)

Offline rig9919

Great success
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
I couldn't believe how good my cracker crust came out. I'm very surprised and I have to thank DKM for the great recipe and the members on this board for the little tips I've been reading here and there.

I followed the Thin and Crispy recipe from this website almost exactly.

1lbs gold medal better for bread flour
3/4 cup warm water
1 Tbl canola oil
1.5 Tsp active dry yeast
1.5 Tsp sugar
1 Tsp salt

Dissolved yeast in warm water. Mixed with wooden spoon for 6-7 minutes. Formed a ball. It was very loose and didn't want to stick together. Didn't knead. Let it sit in sealed tupperware in the fridge for 25 hours. Let it warm up about 3 hours before I used it. Rolled out to about 24 inches. Trimmed. Warmed oven to 600 degrees. Placed dough on perforated pizza pan. Precooked on lowest rack for 4 minutes. Added toppings. Cooked on lowest rack for about 7-9 minutes. I didn't let it sit on a cooling rack but there are no signs of soft or soggy crust. It turned out perfect. Crispy, airy, firm, and crumbly when bitten.

Had enough to make a 16 inch and there was enough extra to make a 12 inch. I planned on layering or docking the second pizza but I didn't want to mess with success so I just did everything the same. It burned because I was too busy eating the first one.

Unfortunately I already ordered some unglazed quarry stones earlier this week assuming I'd need them to get this done.

Thanks to everyone. Here's some pictures I took.

Offline ThatsAmore

Re: Great success
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »
You got to love it when a plan comes together.

Too bad about the burnt one, but I have done similar.

I always find it is too bad that we can't share the smell and the flavor along with our pictures.

Good job!

:chef:
Who put that pie in my eye ?