Author Topic: What's your favorite pizza recipe?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline DCT2012

What's your favorite pizza recipe?
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
Hi all,

New to the forum and love to hear new recipes!

Anyone have any delicious recipes they are dying to share!?

Thank you!

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: What's your favorite pizza recipe?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »
You might find one or 2 million on here....

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
What kind of piza do you want to bake, and what sort of oven(s), grills, etc. do you have available?
Pizza is not bread.

Offline DCT2012

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:29:54 AM »
I have a Le Panyol wood fired oven. I like meaty recipes. I have a house full of boys that love bacon, hamburg, etc. But I love to incorporate different flavors that either compliment or give new flavor to the meat pizza!

Offline SinoChef

• Not delivery ha ....OMG you.... Digiornoed me
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 09:27:46 AM »

If your looking for creative, try the monthly challenge board.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/board,62.0.html

Buceriasdon went ape %$# with the Asian challenge, on of my favorite threads here...

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12908.0.html

But they are all good.

Somewhere TXCraig does this mushroom pizza which is also wicked sick. I seriously think you could build a business on serving just that one pizza.  ;)

Offline SinoChef

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »

If Jackitup from MN reads this. He may have an opinion. Pizza luce is a local joint. They make a "Cheeseburger" pizza. Sauce is equal parts ketchup, and yellow mustard. Ground beef, and diced dill pickles. Cheese blend up to you, but the sauce/beef/pickle thing works. in my opinion.

Not my favorite pizza on earth, but it does work.

Offline DCT2012

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 09:57:52 AM »
I'll check it out! Thanks so much!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
A couple of our "meaty" favorites are 1) Mushroom and White Truffle Oil [that SinoChef noted above], and Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta. You're probably laughing at me right now as neither of these sounds very meaty, But I'd encourage you to give them a try.

The mushroom and white truffle is my youngest son's favorite pie, and he is the biggest carnivore you're ever meet. He pictures a knife and fork next to every animal he sees. You can't take him to the zoo, because he just talks about what the different animals would taste like. You get the idea. The pies is topped with fresh mozz, sliced fresh cremini mushrooms, fresh ground black pepper, and grated parmigiano-reggiano (don't use cheap Kraft parm). After the bake, drizzle on some white truffle oil. Using fresh mushrooms with the truffle oil gives it a meaty sort of flavor. It's an incredible pie.

For the sprout pie, cut the bottom off of and core 8-10 Brussels sprouts then peel off the leaves. You need a pretty big handful - more than you would think. Top the pie with fresh mozz, some grated parmigiano-reggiano, the Brussels sprout leaves, chopped pancetta (I get it sliced thin at the deli then cut it up into little squares), thinly sliced garlic, and a drizzle of evoo then bake. I have a nephew that won't eat vegetables and he begs for this pie whenever he comes over. The sprouts get a little char on the tips giving the pie a smoky flavor that is beautiful with the salty, porky pancetta. For a long time, this was my favorite pie.

Enjoy.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
Craig 

Do you saute your mushrooms before they go on the pie or do you apply them raw? How thick/thin do you slice them. I'm not crazy about mushrooms on pizza, but I have a friend who is.

Offline DCT2012

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »
Oh my goodness do these pizzas look good! I am definitely going to be trying them this weekend when we have a group of friends coming over. Thank you so much for taking the time to not only make me drool with the pictures, but also give me the breakdown. Delish!!

Offline SinoChef

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »
A couple of our "meaty" favorites are 1) Mushroom and White Truffle Oil [that SinoChef noted above], and Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta. You're probably laughing at me right now as neither of these sounds very meaty, But I'd encourage you to give them a try.

The mushroom and white truffle is my youngest son's favorite pie, and he is the biggest carnivore you're ever meet. He pictures a knife and fork next to every animal he sees. You can't take him to the zoo, because he just talks about what the different animals would taste like. You get the idea. The pies is topped with fresh mozz, sliced fresh cremini mushrooms, fresh ground black pepper, and grated parmigiano-reggiano (don't use cheap Kraft parm). After the bake, drizzle on some white truffle oil. Using fresh mushrooms with the truffle oil gives it a meaty sort of flavor. It's an incredible pie.

For the sprout pie, cut the bottom off of and core 8-10 Brussels sprouts then peel off the leaves. You need a pretty big handful - more than you would think. Top the pie with fresh mozz, some grated parmigiano-reggiano, the Brussels sprout leaves, chopped pancetta (I get it sliced thin at the deli then cut it up into little squares), thinly sliced garlic, and a drizzle of evoo then bake. I have a nephew that won't eat vegetables and he begs for this pie whenever he comes over. The sprouts get a little char on the tips giving the pie a smoky flavor that is beautiful with the salty, porky pancetta. For a long time, this was my favorite pie.

Enjoy.

Craig

Unless you make it yourself, Truffle oil has not been "in' since circa 05. 08. Not sure when the cut off was. But the kids that sit at the cool table will have nothing to do with it.

Just sayin...

Rat + Ass = what I could give in the current gastronomy community.

To quote Bourdain.... Does it taste good?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 01:34:25 PM by SinoChef »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »
Craig 

Do you saute your mushrooms before they go on the pie or do you apply them raw? How thick/thin do you slice them. I'm not crazy about mushrooms on pizza, but I have a friend who is.

No. I don't pre-cook them. I like the fresh meaty taste of the raw. I slice two different thicknesses that way some get more cooked and you both cooked and more meaty fresh flavors on the pie. The thin slices are maybe 1/8" or a little less and the thick are 3/16" I'd guess.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 01:41:30 PM »
Unless you make it yourself, Truffle oil has not been "in' since circa 05. 08. Not sure when the cut off was. But the kids that sit at the cool table will have nothing to do with it.

Just sayin...

Rat + Ass = what I could give in the current gastronomy community.

To quote Bourdain.... Does it taste good?

That's not an issue because the Garage does not deliver to the cool table.

Just sayin...
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
 :-D
Pizza is not bread.

Offline SinoChef

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »
 ;D ;D  Pizza is one  thing I have to get correct here man.

Mario decided enough was enough. We over used it and destroyed a good thing.

And, I think he was correct in calling it. It went south real quick.

And I believe he would waddle up to your garage and eat the %$# out of any one of your pizzas.

Even if the "community" decided we could no longer pour truffle oil over our risotto.

Offline randyjohnsonhve

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 05:16:56 PM »

Craig...

Just wondering, where do you keep your vehicles?  Giving your mushroom with truffle oil a try tonight...can't wait...

RJelli :chef:
"Pizza Evolves...Our Best Pizza Ever is Not Today." It is 'what' is right, not 'who' is right that matters.

Offline SinoChef

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »

LOL for the cool table. We must have posted within seconds of each other. Didnt see it the first time around.

Please note the rat + ass comment.

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
That's not an issue because the Garage does not deliver to the cool table.

Cool table or not, truffle oil or not, I would be more than happy to sit at that table with quality of pies being served to it... and the wine as well.  ;D
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline JimmyG

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 07:15:55 PM »
To date, my favorite dough formula is, without a doubt, the formula that Norma and I are working with, on the Epoxy thread. The flavor and textures of the crust and crumbs coming out of that method incredible. My favorite topping combo is, hands down, cubed heritage bacon (dry cured) and shaved asparagus doused with Ardbeg or Peat Monster Scotch whiskey. The flavor is hard to sum up, but it literally tastes like your camping in the woods.  I know it sounds a little goofy for a pizza, but the flavor combo is excellent.

Jim
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 08:44:20 PM »
Craig...

Just wondering, where do you keep your vehicles?  Giving your mushroom with truffle oil a try tonight...can't wait...

RJelli :chef:

My wife usually keeps hers where you see the table. I slide it over to the right. Mine lives in the driveway.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan