Author Topic: Valentino Pasta  (Read 1002 times)

Offline ringkingpin

Valentino Pasta
« on: June 21, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
So I came across Jeff's thread here in Chit Chat about his pasta making venture.  Having an entrepreneurial spirit myself and embracing cottage industries and good food, I got in touch and had him put together a nice assortment of his product.  Being that he's deep in the shed with Pizza, I figured his pasta has to be at the same level.  Guess what... I was right.

Just to give you a background, I met my wife well over ten years ago when we were both in culinary school in Paris.  We both worked and lived in France for three years and continued to work in the "industry" over here so we like to think we know a thing or two about good food.

Jeff is making KILLER pasta which I now whole heartedly endorse and encourage you guys to try.  It's really pretty damn perfect.
The packaging is simple and nice, brown paper bags with stamps on them with his logo, the estimated cooking time and the shape.  The pasta is all 100% Durum wheat and the thickness, texture and mouth feel is SPOT ON!  I gave a bag to my 73 year old Italian friend and he freaked out, saying his wife couldn't stop eating it!  So I just wanted to reach out and let you guys know that it's THAT good and Jeff, you have reason to be proud.  STRONG WORK MAN!!!

***Disclaimer, I don't know Jeff, have never met him and don't work for or with him, just really enjoyed his product!

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
 Brillat-Savarin

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
Re: Valentino Pasta
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »
Thanks Geoff, glad you enjoyed it!  ;D
We're learning every day, and I hope to have an online store soon, so more people can purchase the pasta.

Jeff

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »
Awesome post and feedback. Since this is a thread for Jeffs' apparently, I thought I'd chime in. Jeff V let me know as soon as I can purchase some and I'll put a order in. Still was too bad we couldn't meet up in Chicago.

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
Awesome post and feedback. Since this is a thread for Jeffs' apparently, I thought I'd chime in. Jeff V let me know as soon as I can purchase some and I'll put a order in. Still was too bad we couldn't meet up in Chicago.

Yup, this thread is for all Geoffs even ones like you guys who misspell it!  :P ;D :-D :chef: :pizza: >:D :angel: ;D

Brillat-Savarin

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
OK, I made my second bag last night, fusilli giganti.  I made it a very similar way, used the rest of that fresh pesto I had and then seared a small piece of Alaskan salmon on the side.  Oh man, is this stuff killer.  The fusillli giganti is a large shape that wound around on itself, almost like a spring.  They were just killer.  Great mouth feel and texture.  Really good! 
 Brillat-Savarin

Offline Ev

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 11:09:30 AM »
Boy, I'd really love to try some of Jeff's pasta! I love pasta as much as pizza! ;D

Offline jeff v

• Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 02:48:19 PM »
There's a chance I may blush if this keeps up. Probably not, but there is a chance.  :chef: thanks!

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
shoot, I just noticed that you're doing whole wheat too.  Are you doing that in production or were you just playing around?  I really like GOOD whole wheat pasta. 
 Brillat-Savarin

Offline jeff v

• Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »
shoot, I just noticed that you're doing whole wheat too.  Are you doing that in production or were you just playing around?  I really like GOOD whole wheat pasta. 

We are in whole wheat production for the past 3 weeks or so. To my surprise it sells almost one to one with the traditional.  :o and when we have spelt...lookout.

pizzapan