Author Topic: "Wierd" Food pairings  (Read 1682 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: "Wierd" Food pairings
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »
Growing up, my mom often made me a sandwich with peanut butter, honey, and powdered milk.

I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
Re: "Wierd" Food pairings
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »
I invited a fellow boat captain to join us one time on an offshore fishing charter. I was the captain for the charter boat, But like sometimes to work the cockpit while trolling. We had a good bite early in the day, before lunchtime. 2 nice Wahoo, And 6 dolphin fish (not "flipper" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahi-mahi) in the fishbox. The bite slowed down and the clients started to eat their lunch, that they had brought. My buddy comes out from the salon and into the cockpit, after the charter clients are halfway through eating. And he's eating a, peanutbutter and onion sandwich. The onion slice was nearly 3/4in thick, and the peanutbutter would goo from the sides while he bit into it. Three of the four charter clients hurled the lunch they just ate over the side. We released 2 sailfish in the afternoon, which was the saving grace. I still got paid and tipped well.
Oh yeah, I forgot about this one. Onions, peanut butter, and mayo. You need sweet onions like Vidalia or Texas 1015. It tastes a lot better than it sounds.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink