Author Topic: New Restaurant still experimenting with dough types  (Read 697 times)

Offline crowbarandgrill

New Restaurant still experimenting with dough types
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:37:43 AM »
I have just opened a restaurant and we're trying to nail our dough recipe down. I had a guy come up to Laramie who was a pizza expert and had been in several competitions around the country. While he was very good, he turned out to be not so reliable so he left before ever writing anything down. Leaving my cooks to come up with pizza doughs on their own.

I was on a while ago talking about pizza making in an imperial convection oven which has turned out fine and we are getting good pizza's out of them. But my cooks are just having a hard time nailing one consistent pizza dough down. We have a 60 qt hobart to use.

Any good just standard large batch recipes we can use? We have already been doing fairly large volume pizza and burger sales out of our Laramie Wyoming establishment and I just want a consistent experience for my customers.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Andy

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: New Restaurant still experimenting with dough types
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »
State your specifics or link to other post if it contains the necessary info to provide you with help.
Style of dough,oven temp,ect.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
Seen these?      file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/Collection%20of%20Non-Lehmann%20New%20York%20Style%20Dough%20Formulations.htm

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:24:22 PM by Chicago Bob »

pizzapan