Author Topic: Chicago Stuffed  (Read 329 times)

Offline PizzaGarage

Chicago Stuffed
« on: December 23, 2014, 06:48:49 PM »
Here is a great stuffed I wanted to share.  I've been playing around with my dough formula for these and think this is the best of the batch.  I switched from my original KAAP to KABF and increased hydration by 2% and the texture was wonderful. 

Dough:

KABF 100%
Water - 45%
Yeast IDY .3
Salt - 1.75%
Pure Olive Oil - 3%
Sugar .5
Bowl Residue 2%

Mixing:

Water, Sugar Salt in bowl first and wisk
Add Flour and IDY
Mix low for 1 min
Add oil
Mix low 1 min
Mix medium for 6 min
Ball and into fridge right away
3 days in the fridge

Cheese  - Part Skim Mozz.  If you want cheese to be really gooey, just use whole milk mozz.  I prefer part skim.

Dock dough heavy top and bottom
use 2 TBL oil in pan - I use Crisco Saute and Fry butter flavor - you can use corn oil or soy if you prefer

Cook 475 on stone - watch bottom while baking for 25-30 minutes.

Here is the assembly and final product.  This was a really really good pizza.....Grated Romano on top with 50% dried basil and 50% dried oregano on top.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:58:42 PM by PizzaGarage »

Offline PizzaGarage

Re: Chicago Stuffed
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 06:50:56 PM »
more pics
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:53:16 PM by PizzaGarage »

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
more
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:57:25 PM by PizzaGarage »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 09:21:32 PM »
What the hell is going on here...all I keep seeing are these incredible PizzaGarage creations. An I see all your food service utensils/containers too. You have been here over a year now too yet I am sooo late to the party.

If you don't mind my asking PG, what is your age?  And thanks for all this great stuff you are doing!  :chef:

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 11:03:55 PM »
Showoff!  I'm still waiting for that dinner invite man and where is my damn cheese?  Haha.  So were you able to produce a crust like Giordanos with the bread flour?  Any flaky layers?  Interesting how low that oil content is too. 

Bob you are always late to the party man.  PG is the real deal. 

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline mudman

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 01:24:08 AM »
Man that looks good!!!!!!!!

Offline dogboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »
Oh yaaaaah!!!!! Boump Boump.. chicka chicka!!! Outstanding looking pizza!!!!!  I know what I'm making for christmas eve!!! That and the family tradition of oyster stew. Very nice PG! !!!!!

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 12:40:57 PM »
Wow, thanks guys!!!!  just trying to share some fun recepies....thanks for the compliments......!

Nate, I am getting cheese and sausage next week, so we can figure out a time when you can get some, a 6lb block of the mozz is the smallest quantity and 5 lbs of the Zesty sausage....this will have black pepper and fennel and a small amount of red pepper.  They also have a Spicy sausage which has more red pepper flakes, I was thinking of trying that one too.

This stuffed had more of a soft crust as opposed to the higher oil Giordanos.  So a different texture.....

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 01:25:48 PM »
I made a stuffed spinach pizza a few nights ago, it was REALLY good. I used PizzaGarage's laminated dough recipe and used my own filling recipe:

2 pounds fresh spinach, washed, dried, chopped
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon EVOO
4 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
16 oz. shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in large skillet, add garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is tan. Add spinach and cook over medium high heat until spinach wilts and some of the excess liquid has evaporated.  Drain in a colander and let cool. Blanch mushrooms and onions in boiling water (in separate batches). Drain and set aside until cool. Mix cooled spinach, mushrooms, onions, and cheese in a large mixing bowl and fill the pizza.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 03:32:14 PM »
Wow, thanks guys!!!!  just trying to share some fun recepies....thanks for the compliments......!

Nate, I am getting cheese and sausage next week, so we can figure out a time when you can get some, a 6lb block of the mozz is the smallest quantity and 5 lbs of the Zesty sausage....this will have black pepper and fennel and a small amount of red pepper.  They also have a Spicy sausage which has more red pepper flakes, I was thinking of trying that one too.

This stuffed had more of a soft crust as opposed to the higher oil Giordanos.  So a different texture.....

PG,

I'm down for a 6lb loaf and a pound of sausage.  Let me know.  Nights work good for me.

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 06:26:46 PM »
I made a stuffed spinach pizza a few nights ago, it was REALLY good. I used PizzaGarage's laminated dough recipe and used my own filling recipe:

2 pounds fresh spinach, washed, dried, chopped
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon EVOO
4 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
16 oz. shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in large skillet, add garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is tan. Add spinach and cook over medium high heat until spinach wilts and some of the excess liquid has evaporated.  Drain in a colander and let cool. Blanch mushrooms and onions in boiling water (in separate batches). Drain and set aside until cool. Mix cooled spinach, mushrooms, onions, and cheese in a large mixing bowl and fill the pizza.

Steve,
This is off topic but I think anyone who sees your new picture will think the same as I do....
You've lost a ton of weight. Looking at your original avatar pic and "now." you look great.  I read a while back about your Paleo-ish diet.  Glad to see it paid (or is it Paleo'd) off with great results. However, your spinach stuffed pizza is even slightly better looking! :-D :drool:
Best regards & Cheers!
Don
I have done wrong.. but what I did, I thought needed to be done.