Author Topic: wanted: simple yet delicious, dough  (Read 1075 times)

Offline rahnea1972

wanted: simple yet delicious, dough
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »
Ok, I got on here because I moved to a town that has NOTHING in the desire for pizza. So I decided to perfect my own...my husband is die hard "lets order out" but what can I say...YUCK. I want a pizza dough recipe that is simple to use with ingredients that I can find at my local Smiths/Kroger store.  I have searched through this site and have found everyone descibing specialty items that they do not sell locally.  Is there a recipe that can get me results similiar to hungry howies or little ceasars dough without all the ingredients I would have to drive 3 hours to get or special order online?

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
Re: wanted: simple yet delicious, dough
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »
Tell me what kind of flour is available at your local Smiths/Kroger store and send my $19.95 and I'll fix you right up! :-D :-D :-D
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »
Um, he's kidding.  in case that wasn't clear what with all the laughing smileys.

We'll help you.  We just need to know a few things.
1. what are you working with?  Flour, Oven, Cheese, Sauce...   
2. what equipment do you have to make dough?  mixer, hand & bowl, food processor?

Do you know how to make a preferment, a biga, or a poolish?  All of these can really help.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
rahnea1972,

This would be my candidate: Reply 20 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6758.msg59217.html#msg59217. All of the ingredients can be found in supermarkets. The pizza can also be baked on a pizza stone.

I checked the Hungry Howie ingredients list and they are similar to the recipe cited above except that there is more sugar in the Hungry Howie dough and the Hungry Howie flour is bromated. The Hungry Howie pizza sauce is a sweet sauce, as is the Papa John's sauce.

Peter
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:31:10 PM by Pete-zza »

pizzapan