Author Topic: worst pizza you ever had  (Read 18769 times)

Offline rogerthat

• I Love Pizza!
worst pizza you ever had
« on: October 08, 2005, 03:54:35 AM »
worst pizza I ever had was at the Indianapolis 500 in the early 1980's.....we had not eaten much in 2 days and we went to this "pizza" place ....a whole in the wall resteraunt...It was...I swear...flour and water...for crust...and visable slices of American Cheese....with Hunts tomato sauce for SAUCE....but you know ...after 2 days with not much food except....chips and stuff...It actually tasted good.....Go figure

Offline foster444

• I Love Pizza!
Re: worst pizza you ever had
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 10:14:55 AM »
Kindegarten - School cafeteria. 1960.  Slice of bread, ketchup, American cheese.

Nuff said.

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 12:17:54 PM »
Room Service  Pizza at the Hyatt Regency Hotel Irvine Ca. last year.An absolutely disgusting Doughy cold glob of undercooked paste smeared with Pesto and swimming in additional oil.It almost put me off Pizza totally.It was too late and I was too  tired to return it and complain.Adding Insult to Injury,It was also the most expensive Pizza I've ever paid for when you add on service charges etc.My expectations are never high for Hotel room service food,but this completely blew my mind.Unforgettable....................for all the wrong reasons.
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline Rick

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 03:31:29 PM »
Santa Monica Ca.
In a shopping mall next to Sheraton Hotel in the early 90's...
The Pizzeria had some italian name but the "pizzaiolo"  was yugoslavian or the likes....

The dough was not that bad but the topping.....  a mix of sweet tomato and ketchup and an unreckognizable kind of ugly cheese....
I had stomach ache for the whole day afterward...    :-X

piroshok

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 07:19:39 PM »
My first bad pizza was from a small take away shop the guy who used to owned it told me he was in the piza business for more tha twenty years however the sauce was tomato paste straight out of a can urghh!
But strangely enough just recently went to a famed pizza shop here and ended up having an ugly unleaveved and charred pizza. That was a disaster 

Offline CaliforniaPizzaGuy

• Jesus Christ, Family, Beach, AND PIZZA enough said
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 12:45:16 PM »
last week in corona, california at fazoli's has by far the worst tasting pizza in the history of my life, i can believe they call what ever they serve there pizza, its sause taste like expired tabasco's sauce and spoiled milk put togther and slaped on some uncooked dough and some cheese and pepperoni's on it. It was by far the worst pizza joint ever, please everyone please dont waste your money at fazoli's

http://www.fazolis.com/

just thinking about it makes me gag

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 07:13:28 AM »
I would say Little Caesar's.
When I was a kid, I had a great-aunt that would make pizza with dough(w/o yeast), ketchup for sauce, and sliced swiss for the cheese. Why that didn't turn me away forever, I don't know,but it DID NOT!

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 07:18:19 AM »
last week in corona, california at fazoli's has by far the worst tasting pizza in the history of my life, i can believe they call what ever they serve there pizza, its sause taste like expired tabasco's sauce and spoiled milk put togther and slaped on some uncooked dough and some cheese and pepperoni's on it. It was by far the worst pizza joint ever, please everyone please dont waste your money at fazoli's

http://www.fazolis.com/

just thinking about it makes me gag

I think the problem with Fazoli's is that they have little quality control and consistency from franchise to franchise. Here in the midwest, Fazoli's was pretty good about 5-6 years ago. The crust was a little oily, but was infused with garlic. The sauce was spicy/tangy and really complimented the toppings. A few years ago, they got rid of the garlicky crust and now is very dry. They also usually undersauce it too. Although, I was at one in the far south suburbs of Chicago, where is was still pretty tasty.Their other Italian fare is still good.

Offline Ronzo

• Supporting Member
  • Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 11:54:11 AM »
Worst pizza I ever had was at a place called "Austin's Park and Pizza". It's like a Dave and Buster's kind of place with an arcade, Laser Tag, Pool, go carts, etc.

They also have a pizza buffet... and it's the worst pizza on the planet. I could do better with a Ritz cracker, ketchup, and spray cheese. I'd rather eat CiCi's pizza than eat at that place.

Second worst...

There's a pizza chain here in Austin called "Austin's Pizza"... it's horrible.
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew

Offline youonlylivetwice

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 01:27:59 PM »
The worst for me had to be one of those 'desperation' pizzas, either the 99 cent "party pizza" from the grocery store, or a good ol' heatlamp slice from some place I've never heard of in an airport somewhere. 
I noticed recently Subway has pizza near me now, as much as I am not inclined to try it, I gotta believe it would make the list.

The other one that comes to mind was when I lived in Phoenix, we ordered canadian bacon, but got regular bacon instead, lots of it, very greasy, and they burned the pizza besides.  We were on the way to a ballgame and so that was dinner....   

Offline pam

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 07:48:01 PM »
Glasgow, Scotland, 1983: one of those frozen, red paint and styrofoam on cardboard abominations deep fried in the just-this-side-of-rancid fish and chips oil. I still feel like pukeing when I think about it.
When an eel bites your eye and the pain makes you cry, that's a Moray.

Offline T-Man

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 07:29:32 PM »
Funny thread.   Been on this planet for some time so hard to remember all the "za" I've had.  However, recently my wife and I tried a place around here that is supposed to be real good.  UNBELIEVABLE.   I'll skip all the atrocities and get right to the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  Now, this place makes huge rectangular pizzas and makes you buy it by the "cut" (slice).  Bad in my book.  Well I see them bring out a huge slab of pizza and think my 8 "cuts" can't be part of that one cause I ordered pepperoni.  Uh oh!  They proceed to cut the thing into small squares and then put 3 pieces of pepperoni (UNCOOKED!) on each of the eight cuts, box them and give it to me!  Huh? What?

We took them home, tried to pawn them off on our sons, and ordered pizza from one of our favorites.  BTW our kids didn't eat it.  :P

Offline AdamtheGreek

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 06:40:05 PM »
Out in Arizona there's this joint called Peter Piper Pizza, kinda like a Chuckie Cheese's but with more aim to please both people looking for food as well as children's birthday parties, but the pizza there, literally, cardboard with cheese; being from Chicago you'd think I'd have more sense of direction than to try that stuff, but it was late and I was freaking starving, funny thing was, as hungry as I was, it still tasted like crap....worst stomach ache ever.

Offline freshflour

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »
Any bowling alley pizza is pretty good.  I remember the school pizza to be pretty good.  Well, it wasn't good as pizza, but it tasted pretty good.  It had a big rectangular, bready crust and mozzarella and American cheese on it.  Hey - it worked.

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 07:24:51 AM »
Funny thread.   Been on this planet for some time so hard to remember all the "za" I've had.  However, recently my wife and I tried a place around here that is supposed to be real good.  UNBELIEVABLE.   I'll skip all the atrocities and get right to the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  Now, this place makes huge rectangular pizzas and makes you buy it by the "cut" (slice).  Bad in my book.  Well I see them bring out a huge slab of pizza and think my 8 "cuts" can't be part of that one cause I ordered pepperoni.  Uh oh!  They proceed to cut the thing into small squares and then put 3 pieces of pepperoni (UNCOOKED!) on each of the eight cuts, box them and give it to me!  Huh? What?

We took them home, tried to pawn them off on our sons, and ordered pizza from one of our favorites.  BTW our kids didn't eat it.  :P

I had a place near me, and one time I went in to get a couple of slices. I ordered pepperoni and they took 2 cheese slices, threw 6 pices of roni on them and put them in the oven for two minutes. Ughhhh. I'm glad I didn't order sausage.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 12:25:52 PM »
Everyone seems to compare bad crust to "cardboard".... ::)

The funny thing is I have never tried tasting cardboard. ???

So how do all you know what cardboard tastes like? :P
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 01:32:58 AM »
"So how do all you know what cardboard tastes like?"

That's simple...cardboard tastes like bad crust  ;D

Offline Ed

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 12:13:41 AM »
Bad pizza. Hmmm....  well there's this new restaurant that's only been around for a few months in our neighborhood called "Italian Pie".  I say things to my wife like "I could get more Italian flavor from a can of SpaghettiO's."
The pizza?  Nothing to write home to about.  One word - bland.
The place neither has good food or is cheap.  I don't understand how someone can waste their money opening a restaurant like that, but they did it.

Ed

Offline Ian

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 09:42:56 AM »
In the mid 80's I lived in Riyadh, KSA for a few years... it was rather difficult to find a good pizza. There was local chain named "Pizza Sheik" which made a pizza which looked great but seemed to be devoid of any taste (very odd). We eventually heard (from some fellow Canadians) that the local A&P supermarket had a take-out food counter which made a decent pie. This became our standard place for buying pizza until..... one day we brought one home and something wasn't quite right. Further investigation revealed that they hade switched from their usual o.k sauce to using ketchup and replaced the pepperoni with wieners (thinly sliced... lengthwise!!). This was the precise moment  that I became interested in making pizza at home.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 11:07:39 AM »
In the mid 80's I lived in Riyadh, KSA for a few years... it was rather difficult to find a good pizza. There was local chain named "Pizza Sheik" which made a pizza which looked great but seemed to be devoid of any taste (very odd). We eventually heard (from some fellow Canadians) that the local A&P supermarket had a take-out food counter which made a decent pie. This became our standard place for buying pizza until..... one day we brought one home and something wasn't quite right. Further investigation revealed that they hade switched from their usual o.k sauce to using ketchup and replaced the pepperoni with wieners (thinly sliced... lengthwise!!). This was the precise moment  that I became interested in making pizza at home.

Hahahahah!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!! :) "Worst one yet"!!! :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.