Author Topic: worst pizza you ever had  (Read 18943 times)

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
Re: worst pizza you ever had
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 09:30:06 PM »
Disney World in Florida.

It was like they screwed up a frozen pizza.  :(

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline freshflour

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 12:47:40 AM »
In Taiwan about 10 years ago - bready, heavy, overgreased pan crust, no cheese, so they used tofu instead, and frozen vegetables (corn, peas, carrots) on top.  My host was so pleased to take me there, I just had to smile my way through and say "Great pizza!  Just like back home!"  And we were down south, so this wasn't Taipei, and everyone in the place was looking at the "American eating pizza".  The manager came out to see what an American thought of his pizza.  "Two thumbs up!  That means really great in America!"

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 07:10:38 PM »
Mine was at a Kosher Pizzeria about 15yrs ago when they started popping up in Jewish hoods.

Was only 1.00, but smelled like pizza, kinda looked like pizza... but that ain't pizza.

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 04:18:58 PM »
Little Caesars is one of the worst, Domino's sucks and there's another chain here called Hungry Howies and it's horrible.  I don't understand how these places stay in business.  Another one of the worst places I tried was a place in Savannah Ohio called Besta Fasta Pizza and it's almost inedible in my opinion.    :-X
"Pizza with pineapples?  That's a cake."

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 09:47:57 AM »
In my book,,, ANY pizza is good pizza!

It allways brings back memories. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

The worst pizza in time/ The best pizza in time... lol

I would love to try the public school pizza that I had when I was a kid again. The cheese was weird. But I loved it all the same. It came in a box with vents.

Allways better then the "mystery-meat". ROTFL

Anyone got a school pizza story?
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 09:53:59 AM »

Anyone got a school pizza story?

In my elementary school back in the 50's, "pizza" was a half of a hamburger bun with catsup and a melted cheese-like substance on top. Yuck!

Bill/SFNM

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 10:29:57 AM »
 ::)

Hahahahaha!!! ;D

I think pizza was unheard of before the 50's in most of the usa. Trin think.

Had mine around 1982 :)

So you were lucky!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 10:35:10 AM by Trinity »
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline GW

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2006, 12:54:53 PM »
Any pizza in St. Louis, with the posible exception of Joannie's Pizza in Soulard.  People in St. Louis are all obsessed with Provel (a pasteurized process blend of mozz, provelone, and heaven only knows what else "cheese") on the crackers they call pizza.

G

Offline Paladar

• Margarita with argula, please.
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2006, 04:40:18 PM »
I lived in Honolulu after college and my younger sister worked for a chain, "Magoo's." They kept a large galvanized trash can next to the stove so as they pulled out the hot pies they could drain the grease off the top before boxing. The place smelled rancid and we'd make my sister throw her clothes outside to air and take a shower before we'd have anything to do with her. She'd always bring some leftovers home and we couldn't even get the dog to take bite.

Ugh!

Offline beckysuea

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 01:59:45 PM »
last week in corona, california at fazoli's has by far the worst tasting pizza in the history of my life, i can believe they call what ever they serve there pizza, its sause taste like expired tabasco's sauce and spoiled milk put togther and slaped on some uncooked dough and some cheese and pepperoni's on it. It was by far the worst pizza joint ever, please everyone please dont waste your money at fazoli's

http://www.fazolis.com/

just thinking about it makes me gag

CaliforniaPizzaGuy - have you ever tried Anthony's Pizza in Corona.   It is located on Magnolia and McKinley right behind Baker's Tacos.   They put garlic butter and parmesian cheese on the crust after cooking and use whole milk mozz cheese and a liberal amount of toppings.  If you eat it there, you get free breadsticks which are freshly made from pizza crust and are covered with garlic powder, butter and parmesian cheese.

Becky

Offline john3198

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2006, 04:23:01 AM »
Great topic.

My 2 cents worth for terrible is any Pizza made in Houston.

John in Houston

Offline Wiseguy

• I Love Pizza....A Lot!
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2006, 06:22:12 PM »
Any pizza in St. Louis, with the posible exception of Joannie's Pizza in Soulard.  People in St. Louis are all obsessed with Provel (a pasteurized process blend of mozz, provelone, and heaven only knows what else "cheese") on the crackers they call pizza.

G

You're wrong, I've had some pizza in St Louis and enjoyed it very much.
On the other hand, Red Banjo Pizza Parlour is Park City Utah had to be the epitome of bad pizza. Undercooked, tasteless sauce with bad frozen pizza quality toppings. I guess being from Chicago spoiled me for the pizza termed as "Best Pizza in Park City"  It was so bad that even though I was STARVING...I still threw it in the garbage.

Offline Hi Gluten

• Supporting Member
  • This is how you make Swiss Cheese, not Mozz!
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 11:09:48 PM »
The worst pizza I ever had was from a street fair. It had a semi baked crust with a puddle of a non-descript sauce and a sprinkling of one of the cheapest powdered cheeses I've ever run across. Any frozen pizza would of beat it "hands down"!

Needless to say, I have not gone back in over 20 years.

Offline 007bond-jb

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza & Beer
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »
Tonys pizza in Panama City Fl. 35 years ago this was before they started selling em frozen in stores I think. I'm guessing it was chain It was pitiful

Offline Lydia

• Viddler
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »
OK

Honest to G!
The worst pizza's I have ever had, have came from my own kitchen!!!!
When experimenting with dough recipes and trying out different ingredients, it is "just a fact".

Twelve years ago, I tried to incorporate V-8 juice, but that is as close as I have EVER got to the ketchup and hotdog pizza.
GAK!

THAT is just WRONG!
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.

Offline basetwo

• Pizza? *Uuuurrrrrrpppp* What pizza?
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2006, 11:12:42 AM »
In the mid 80's I lived in Riyadh, KSA for a few years... it was rather difficult to find a good pizza. There was local chain named "Pizza Sheik" which made a pizza which looked great but seemed to be devoid of any taste (very odd).

I was in the Air Force from '91 to '95 and went to Riyadh 3 times during my enlistment.  On one of those occasions we saw a Domino's downtown and were totally surprised.  We took one look at the menu and passed...  no pork products at all.  It was also the experience of some of my fellow airmen that things in Saudi didn't ever taste quite like they did in the U.S.A.

Out of curiosity I tried to see if I could pull up the menu for a Domino's in Saudi Arabia.  I didn't find Domino's, but I did find Pizza Hut. http://www.pizzahutsaudia.com/mainMenuPizza.htm

I can say that I've had some poor representations of pizza, but nothing that was truly awful like some of the stuff described here.  Even my own attempts at whole wheat pizza crust have been edible
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 11:14:30 AM by basetwo »
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wherever you go, there you are.

Offline Twin2

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 11:56:13 AM »
Two come to mind, actually.  One was at a Chuckie Cheese in Troy, NY, tasted like tomato soup and Kraft parmesan cheese out of the jar.  OMG, it was totally inedible.
Then, comes to mind, a Pizza Hut creation in Tecumcari, New Mexico, several years ago.  We were making our way home from Colorado.  Spent the night there, and in the motel was a little sign on the table in the room.  The kids just wanted to swim and pizza was fine for supper so against out better judgement we went to the Pizza Hut.  Horrible.  And the waitress was cleaning off tables by rolling a garbage can through the dining area, scraping the leftovers into one side and the stacking the dishes into  the other side of the garbage can.  Never saw that before, or since! I couldn't help but wonder what my health department guy would say.

Offline robtfink

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 02:37:50 PM »
Almost unimaginably, the worst, in Italy of all places. One does expect so much more there; and not merely the regrettable result of a failed, heightened sense of expectation, just, bluntly, bleedingly bad. I should admit my prejudice, that although I adore the superlative wines and olive oils of Tuscany, really enjoy a tripe sandwich or a bit of boar now and then, Tuscan cuisine is to my jaded palate terribly bland. Not a trashy tourist trap, an attractive establishment in one of Florence's better neighborhoods - how can I put this indelicately? The inspiration for Hungry Howie's? A crust with all the terrifying tastelessness and texture of sponge; the saucing comparable to that paradigm of White Trash cookery - pasta dressed with ketchup; and substance? Nay, ballast.   

Offline Harv

• Did someone say pizza?
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 07:58:12 AM »
The worst "pizza" I ever had was in Quebec Canada on a school trip when I was a teen in late 80's .  A group of us went to a busy downtown area dotted with many restaurants which seemed to be an ideal setting to find some food.  Though I have mostly tried to repress this memory, reading this thread brought it back to me. 
     It was about a 20" pie on a thin wet crust that would just lay across your hand and fingers like wet toilet paper.  The sauce was watery and orangey and to this day I'm not sure if it was tomato-based.  The pepperoni was like a bologna-salami hybrid, 3" in diameter, and stacked 6 slices thick all over the pie.  To top it off was a light sprinkling of foul smelling cheese.  We could only eat the outside ring of crust, except for one guy that claimed to like the "pepperoni".

I have to go lay down for a while and go to my happy place.

Offline Fio

• Cook it HOT.
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2006, 12:56:08 AM »
Columbia, South Carolina.

Stale Dough, mildly toasted, with tomato puree and gelatinzed dairy whey-protein cheese-resembling mucilage-substance.

Ick.

Stick to BBQ, Palmetto State.
Since joining this forum, I've begun using words like "autolyze" and have become anal about baker's percents.  My dough is forever changed.

pizzapan