Author Topic: worst pizza you ever had  (Read 19075 times)

Offline Slamdunkpro

Re: worst pizza you ever had
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 10:25:53 PM »
Havana Cuba, 1993 - <shudder> :'( let us never speak of this agan

Offline Locke

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 02:01:05 AM »
Disney World in Florida.

It was like they screwed up a frozen pizza.  :(

DKM

And I'd been doing so well at repressing my memories of the "Toy Story Pizza Planet Arcade"  :'(

the horror.......

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 11:40:09 PM »
Just served a "Steak & Cheese Pizza" snack on Continental Airlines out of Houston.To be honest I expected it to be awful,but in the interest of research I had to at least try a bite .It was worse than awful and almost made me reach for the little inflight paper bag.I can assure you they are not doing anything to dispel the whole sad airline food reputation serving this diabolical crap.I've never taken a flight yet hoping to be wowed by the food,but this was beyond belief.
This is now categorically THE WORST  I ever ate.
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 06:34:33 AM »
Little Caesars is one of the worst, Domino's sucks and there's another chain here called Hungry Howies and it's horrible.  I don't understand how these places stay in business.  Another one of the worst places I tried was a place in Savannah Ohio called Besta Fasta Pizza and it's almost inedible in my opinion.    :-X

Hungry Howies is awful!!!  My wife and I used to get the pies on Monday's - $5 special - since then we have come to our senses a little!!!   I will probably get some grief for this but my wife and I also tried California Pizza Kitchen one night, and found it to be on par with Hungry Howies.

We tried a "Nick's Tomatoe Pie" at the airport in Florida once, which was actually decent (or we were just hungry).  We typically NEVER eat at chains at least not for pizza.  Coming from NJ that is sacrilege.  My wife loves UNOs though--I don't deny it tastes good but it is downright scary.  Pizza doesn't have to have 190 grams of fat to taste good!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 06:39:24 AM by pcampbell »
Patrick

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2007, 07:49:07 AM »
Sometimes,,, trin thinks alot of yous are too picky... ::)

(I mean,,, How can ANY pizza be bad? Even if it is a slice of wonder bread with ketchup and a slice of american cheese baked in a toaster oven.)

If not for the "worst pizza's you ever had",,, Then what would have inspired yous to start making your owns? :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 07:53:27 AM by Trinity »
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2007, 04:19:36 PM »
3 years ago I was on vacation in Rio..everyone kept telling me how good the beef was in Brazil but it didn't impress me one bit..walking through the city a few blocks from the beach I spotted a Little Ceasars..the joy I felt was overwelming..ahhh!american food and on top of it PIZZA..
so I bypassed the fact that I don't like Little Ceasars and ordered a large peperoni..it tasted nothin much like back home but ate it anyway..I spent the next 3 days in my hotel room with the worst case of food poisioning I've ever had and I've had many with my travels to Asia..
Also had Pizza once in Croatia..a piece of bread with cheese on the top floating in a bowl of oil..
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 04:24:57 PM by bolabola »
Pizza Rocks

Offline mzshan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2007, 05:03:34 PM »
Speak of the devil " Little Ceasers"

Here in toronto they are running a quick service where they have 4 pizza's always ready and are on the GO..
so when you walk in the pizza if its not custom is simply ready to go at your disposal.
First time I tried it was on a saturday night I guess I must have been lucky because I think i had just gotten the one that recently came out from the oven.. The taste was acceptable if you were in a hurry.
and since this is a big city people dont have much time as time is money.

try it again next time. it was one of the worst pizza experience.. I am never going back to that place....

shan

Offline Natephish

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2007, 04:09:57 AM »
I'm not going to count school pizza in this because it would surely win.

A local place, Piccolina's, used to have amazing pizza.  The woman that ran it was the aunt of a girl I dated in high school and she was a fantastic pie woman.  Fresh basil leaves all over the pie, rich, tasty mozz and light, chewy crust.  She also specialized in a seafood fra diavolo pie that was as delicious as it was expensive ($20 for a 12").  About two years ago she sold the business.  Now it's not that the pizza is the worst I've ever had, but in comparison to her's...it is beyond awful.  Bready, dry crust...cheap mozz that shells awfully...runny, gummy, over-sweeted sauce... It's a very sad thing.

Offline dirtydave

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2007, 06:50:44 PM »
Worst for me was a frozen store brand pizza I had from Farmer Jack, a grocery chain here in Michigan.  At the time it was on sale, very cheap, and I figured what the heck, how bad can it be.

It had no flavor.  None.  Completely devoid.  Nada.  Zip.  Not even salt.

The mouth feel was like eating stale crackers with some liquid.  After two pieces, out it went.  I don't like wasting food, but I made an exception for this.

Offline pizza concerto

• Lifetime Member
  • ...so much pizza, so little stomach...
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »
Worst pie, New Orleans ,French Quarter, Mardi Gras, '06...had a craving after too many bead tosses and hurricane drinks, stopped off at a Daquari to go stand, who also hawked pizza.  Flat, 6 day old crust, plain tomato paste, and polyester cheese product.  I barely made it back to my room and then...
"Only Irish Coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, fat." -- Alex Levine

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2007, 10:27:38 AM »
Do they get pizza on the ISS? :P
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Anis

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »
When I eat good pizza I just eat it.  But when I eat BAD pizza I eat it with a really satisfied smile on my face.  That's because I'm glad I can make a better pizza myself. 

Offline pizza concerto

• Lifetime Member
  • ...so much pizza, so little stomach...
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2007, 01:42:20 PM »
Well said, Anis!
"Only Irish Coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, fat." -- Alex Levine

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2007, 12:10:37 AM »
Hands down Papa John's. I would rather eat a frozen store bought Tony's pizza than that crap. Pizza Hut blows PJ's away IMO.  Hell the pizza I got in school 25 years ago was better than PJ's pizza. ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:12:52 AM by Bryan S »
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2007, 12:11:26 AM »
DP  :-[

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2007, 02:58:11 AM »
I hate to do this but I'm placing Lombardie's on this list..it was really bad but edible.. :(
Pizza Rocks

Offline DaveK

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »
I have to agree that Papa John's is grotesque. It could be the one-part-tomato, one-part-sugar sauce recipe. Their success baffles me immensely.

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »
I have to agree that Papa John's is grotesque. It could be the one-part-tomato, one-part-sugar sauce recipe. Their success baffles me immensely.

That's what I can't stand the sauce and not to mention they put in on by the gal. Who wants to pick up a slice and see sauce dropping off of it on to your plate.  :o Don't like their soft crust either, has no bite to it. It's like soft white bread. When we get it at work for like perfect saftey and such, and I do eat it I grab the cheese and pull it off the crust, scrape off as much sauce as possible and just eat the cheese and roni if there is any, rest goes into the trash.  ;D As you can tell I really hate their pizza.   >:(

Offline wolfsblood07

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 09:56:39 PM »
Here's my random comments on what previous posters have said:
School Pizza- Growing up in Allen Park, Michigan we had outstanding pizza at school until about 1984, when they switched over to cardboard crust, ketchup sauce and tasteless cheese that's typical of most school pizzas evidently.  But the pre-1984 pizza was as good as any I've had anywhere.  I am not kidding.

St. Louis pizza - I've tried Imo's and while it's not inedible, it's a ripoff and I don't even consider it real pizza.  You pay $15 for what's basically cheese on a cracker.  If Imo's is the best they've got, I feel sorry for St. Louis.

Peter Piper pizza -  I've seen Peter Pipers around Phoenix and Scottsdale, but never tried it.  It doesn't suprise me that it's not good.  Everthing about it just screams "Cheap pizza for white trash!"

Little Caesar's - Don't know why some of you dis this place.  I find it to be pretty good for only $5 for a large pizza that you have to wait two seconds for.  Probably my favorite of the big chains.  I'll take it any day over Domino's! 

By the way, Domino's is pretty pathetic.  I ordered their Brooklyn pizza one day because I had a coupon and figured, how bad can it be?  It was ten bucks wasted.  It was about as Brooklyn as a pizza made in Korea.

My worst pizza vote would go to CiCi's in the Kansas City area.  It's a buffet, someone mentioned it here, it's garbage.

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2007, 06:07:03 AM »
Pizza Hut is probably the worst pizza I've had (since I grew up around NYC).  For all the money they've spent on advertising, they really need to develop a good pizza sauce.