Author Topic: Serious Dough Making Time.... KA Loves Me Now  (Read 985 times)

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Serious Dough Making Time.... KA Loves Me Now
« on: July 02, 2012, 04:35:18 AM »
So I guess this whole pizza making thing is going to be taken to a whole new level after this weekend... I went all out and outfitted myself to make any style dough with any recipe. It really feels good to have the proper equipment to make large batch dough in the Pro 600 mixer or make a quick dough with the fast kneading of the 13 cup food processor. I tried out a brioche dough in the food processor and I have never seen anything knead faster. Gluten developed very fast despite all the fat and eggs that go into that style dough. I can't wait to try a pizza in it.

I am most excited about the mixer. I really think I am going to like the bowl lift mixer a lot more than the tilt head. The newer style spiral dough hook over the c-shaped style seems far superior and I won't be fighting the dough from climbing the hook I hope now. Grinding meat will be a lot easier as well with the 575 watt motor over the pretty weak one that was in my mom's older KA tilt head model that I confiscated when I first joined the forum and started baking. I guess she'll be glad to have her mixer back for her cake recipes.... Ha. I know a hand mixer sucks for making larger cakes.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:23:01 AM by rcbaughn »
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline dmcavanagh

Re: Serious Dough Making Timer.... KA Loves Me Now
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:45:58 AM »
Congrats, now here's my favorite "power tool".   http://www.breadtopia.com/store/danish-dough-whisk.html :o

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Re: Serious Dough Making Timer.... KA Loves Me Now
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 04:22:50 AM »
Haha that thing looks awesome! Does it really help though? If so I am totally there. I love bread supplies. I enjoy making bread ALMOST as much as pizza.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

pizzapan