I used my new Superpeel tonight to launch 2 pies. It was a bit of an adventure with a very high hydration JerryMac dough. No problems getting them on the Superpeel, but I misjudged the width of the pies (I have a 20x12 kiln shelf, so I do oblong pies) and ended up with an inch of each of the pies hanging over the edge of the stone (slow learner
). Quick work with a spatula saved both of the pies. It did flatten the shape on the bottom edge in the picture.
Definitely an improvement of my old way when I used pseudo-parchment paper for the first 3 minutes, and then removed that for the rest of the bake (losing too much heat opening the door of my rather wimpy 525 degree oven).
Thanks all, especially Gary for creating the Superpeel.