Author Topic: Pizza Party on Gabriola Island  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Icelandr

• One day . . a really Good Pizza!
Re: Pizza Party on Gabriola Island
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »
A couple from Saturday night's bake. I enjoyed!

Offline texmex

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2016, 10:32:33 AM »
I am not sure if posting questions in ones thread is a way of seeking answers but I will try.

Does a high hydration dough usually seem "sticky"?  At 66%, it is high for me, and I expect it to be more of a challenge to handle but a little flour on my hands and I can form the balls. Today my dough in bulk stuck VERY well to the Saran covering it, adding to the challenge!

I mix 10 minutes in KA, do 4 stretch and folds, wait 10 minutes and repeat, usually just the two times, cover loosely with Saran on a cutting board and allow it to rise for the time I have chosen. A little flour on hands and still  a bit of a challenge to form the balls. The dough seem light, full of air and has not been an issue after time in the dough box, but I wonder about the stickiness.

OK, and the bubbles on the surface . . .

Thanks for looking . . .

Sticky dough is normal for me at higher hydration. Especially with ADY and cold fermenting....the cold can do strange things to ADY. Use plenty of bench flour and yoh should be okay!
 I  have been making a roughly 68% dough using Sourdough culture instead of yeast that remains tacky/wet and requires plenty of flour to prevent it from staying stuck to everything it touches.  Large bubbles can be popped if you don't  like them, but I allow them to puff up to whatever size they want to get. ;D 

Nice looking pizzas!
Reesa

Offline Icelandr

• One day . . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 12:40:21 AM »
Spring is here on Gabriola
We are ready for the summer with the Gator Mobile Pizza Party,  . . . .  some work yet to get to the beach!

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:43:55 AM by Icelandr »

wordpress