Author Topic: Pizza from France  (Read 23366 times)

Offline Seb

Re: Pizza from France
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2014, 11:55:26 AM »
Hi,

A pizza made with french pizza flour.

Offline Pab

• Pizza Please.
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »
yes please ,lovely :chef:

Offline BKLEBS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2014, 09:03:24 PM »
Just received an Effeuno P134H oven here in the USA.  Now I need to deal with wiring it.  Has anybody else attempted this yet?  Thank you in advance!

Offline joaopmaia

« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2014, 01:55:14 AM »
BKLEBS,

How were you able to receive the oven? Looks from a previous post that the manufacturer wouldn't sell to the USA because of missing certifications. Are they shipping to the USA now?

--Joao

Offline BKLEBS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2014, 12:17:19 PM »
BKLEBS,

How were you able to receive the oven? Looks from a previous post that the manufacturer wouldn't sell to the USA because of missing certifications. Are they shipping to the USA now?

--Joao

Hey Joao,

I had them ship it to a friend in London who forwarded it on to me.  About 75$ USD extra but worth it.  I had an electrician come out today and he is going to put a new male plug on the end of the power cord for a 220v outlet.  I've got 40 people coming for pizza on Friday night so I need this done!!

Rob

Offline adm

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2014, 12:24:45 PM »
Just one word of caution - EU 240V uses Live (240V), Neutral and Earth for the three connections, but I think the US uses two phases of 110V and Neutral. I may be totally wrong, but that is buzzing around at the back of my mind....

I don't know if this makes any difference at all, but you might check first. Would be a shame to either blow the thing up, or not get the full performance out of it.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #186 on: April 16, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »
This should be an easy hook up/ connector for Rob's friend. It's just 2 110's straight into a 220 connector. There are also some adapter plugs available where no electi$ian would be needed.

Here's an interesting read on this subject.  http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/746493.html

CB
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:38:31 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline BKLEBS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #187 on: April 16, 2014, 10:15:19 PM »
This should be an easy hook up/ connector for Rob's friend. It's just 2 110's straight into a 220 connector. There are also some adapter plugs available where no electi$ian would be needed.

Here's an interesting read on this subject.  http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/746493.html

CB

Thanks CB - I have hit the "steam autoclave" post a few times now.  My electrician was pretty confident that he could handle it and to entice him to move the process along before Friday I gave him a sniff of my starter culture.  He is a home brewer so I think we see eye-to eye on this one!

ADM - thank you, noted.  The back of the P134H says 220-230V  and 50/60Hz.  The electrician said we get 220V to the fuse panel/breaker and then it splits (either at the outlet or at the fuse panel) to twin 110s.

I'll post more as I get this thing wired and especially if I pull the pizza party off on Friday night, word is spreading quickly as I haven't done this in a few years...

Rob

Offline BKLEBS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2014, 09:01:04 PM »
Electrician came out friday morning and ran a 220 from the box to the kitchen, put an outlet right on the side of my counter.  he then took the euro male plug off the end of the power cord with some wire cutters and put a US male plug on.  took him about 3 hours, mostly bc he had to go through the wall and some cabinets for the new outlet and he is a perfectionist.  also a talker and a home brewer, so you can imagine we had some stuff to talk about!

oven went up to about 875F (after first warming up at around 450F for an hour to burn off manufacturing oils/smells/whatever, recommended by effeuno).  then it shut off.  i've got to do a little bit more digging on how to shut off the governor (think italian forum has a couple of guys that did this) and it should hit 1000F no problem (from what i hear). so i hit the reset breaker in the back and brought it to about 850F and kept it there.  cranked out about 25 pies for 40-45 people.  Crust rose and leoparded nicely.  Caputo Blue (what else), overnight bulk ferment in fridge (~38F) and then ambient ferment post boule shaping for about 4-6 hours.  Culture was 20% of total recipe weight.  Trying to get some pictures from friends that were here, I was cranking pies out so hard I did not get to take any myself!

Overall, oven well worth it at first cook, the smaller chamber makes a big difference (vs my old oven, standard home model w/ self clean @ same/higher temp), i think on account of radiant heat.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2014, 09:13:12 PM »
Great news Rob!  :chef:

CB
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline paviod

« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2015, 11:20:30 AM »
BKLEBS your friend wouldn't want to make some extra cash and forward an oven to me (I'm in NY)?

pizzapan