Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.  (Read 75552 times)

Offline festremadoyro

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2013, 09:54:44 AM »
Hey Sub you are the boss and definitely I am a fan of yours also. I think you are of the most helpful person in any of the forum that I belong (espresso and tennis also). In spite of you have been very clear with both of the mods, please let me ask you on more question in regards the manual rotation. My model does not have the handle and the stone rest over the upper part of the base of the pizza maker, Can I still make the mod for manual rotation or my only solution is the motor? and my last question, how many languages do you speak man? You also are in the Italians forums I can tell  :-D

Offline sub

« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »
Wow Sub, really helpful reply.  I'm sure you have many fans (like me).
Dave
Thanks Dave !

Hey Sub you are the boss and definitely I am a fan of yours also. I think you are of the most helpful person in any of the forum that I belong (espresso and tennis also). In spite of you have been very clear with both of the mods, please let me ask you on more question in regards the manual rotation. My model does not have the handle and the stone rest over the upper part of the base of the pizza maker, Can I still make the mod for manual rotation or my only solution is the motor? and my last question, how many languages do you speak man? You also are in the Italians forums I can tell  :-D

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for your kind words.

unfortunately I do not have any ideas for an easy mod.

Vespa72 did this mod: Sistemazione pietra rotta g3 ferrari

I don't speak a lot of languages, I use translate.google for the Italians forums.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:14:09 PM by sub »

Offline festremadoyro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »
Thank you again Sub, I really appreciate all your help. I hope one day I will be able to serve you. I promise i will stay out of your hair, for now (just kidding).

And please keep posting more pizzas!

Fernando

Offline StoneCut

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »
Here's my latest out of the G3ferrari - too much (wet) mozzarella but quite delicious  :chef:

Offline misterschu

« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2013, 12:48:50 PM »
First big bake with my oven last night. Cooked 8 pies. Some pics below.  Was getting sub-90 second cooks when I was watching my heat.  Rotated pies manually using a peel during cooking.  I'm in love with this oven.  Four of the pies are posted below, with undersides shown for two.

Offline StoneCut

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2013, 01:23:19 PM »
They look great, I assume you have two heating elements on top?

Offline misterschu

« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2013, 10:58:33 PM »
Yes, two top O elements.

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2013, 05:30:42 AM »
Great looking Pies, misterschu and Stonecut! We don't need to say a word about Sub's pies, do we?
Anyhow, here's my Pie of the day. Cold ferment for longer periods really helps with the cosmetics (leoparding) of the Pizza - especially with only a single heating element. This was Tre Grazie Flour. 63% Hydration, cold ferment in the fridge for 5 Days. Taste was great, really satisfied with the look as well!

Offline sub

« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2013, 08:57:34 AM »
Nice pies guys !

Today I've try to do the motorised rotating stone mod again, and I surrender !
I need a Column Drill to make it right,  I've got a drinker's eye  ::)

The mod like Vespa72 work very well no oscilation from the shaft if you drill the under dome to fit tight.

I've used a old gas hob head, the stone turn well but if you put a spirit level  on it the bubble takes a bit on the side. . . 

Offline misterschu

« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2013, 09:55:47 PM »
So in my last cook I was pretty sure that my bottom element was not heating.  I just tested it, and it's definitely not heating.  I think this is great news for new modders, they may be able to make a mod to an oven with just the elements from a single unit, and then decide that they want an element for the bottom.

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2013, 11:19:23 PM »
Finally got my pizza bella up and running.   I have a 1500 watt burner on top in addition to the original burner.   

100% flour  (gold medal neapolitan)
62% water
3% salt
1.5% culture

Bulk fermented for 23 hours
balled for 21 hours at 64-67 degrees using a dorm fridge and auber temp controller. 
set the balls on the counter 2+ hours before serving

I launched when the stone hit 775.  80 second bake

Offline StoneCut

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2013, 02:15:51 AM »
Looks great!

Offline sub

« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
Welcome    Iowamcnabb,

Nice pies !

I've also  burn marks with my last try    >:(

1700g Divella pizza 1 liter water 50g salt 3g brewer's yeast
2h in bulk and 10h ball at room temperature

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:26 AM »
Thanks guys.  These were my second attempt at making neapolitan pies.   The flavor was excellent but much room for improvement especially with temp management.   :)

Offline festremadoyro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »
Iowamcnabb,

Your pies look very good, congrats! I ordered a heat regulator like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291035457694?lpid=82 , maybe it could help to manage your temperature. Just to make sure, Do you have in total 2100 watts on top? Could you post a pic your set up and where do you get the burner?

Thanks,

Fernandp

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »
Iowamcnabb,

Your pies look very good, congrats! I ordered a heat regulator like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291035457694?lpid=82 , maybe it could help to manage your temperature. Just to make sure, Do you have in total 2100 watts on top? Could you post a pic your set up and where do you get the burner?

Thanks,

Fernandp

Thanks for the tip on the regulator :)  I found a regular 1500 watt element like you would see on a stovetop only it's 110v. My friend wired that and the orginal element together on top.  I've run it 4 times now with no shorting out.
My biggest issue is clearance since there is only an inch between the burner and the pizza.
 I am visiting my family for the holidays so I will post a picture of my element when I get home on Thurday. 

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »
Here is my top burner... Sorry for the grainy pic taken with the ipad.   The wiring is protected with ceramic and the sleeves over that. I would recommend finding a flat burner that will give you more clearance than this set up.  I just happened to have this one. 

Offline THE_COW_IS_OK

« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2013, 06:21:14 AM »
Guys, do you know about anyone or any company in US or abroad that actually sells all inclusive upgrade kit for the G3 with the top heating element, rotisserie motor, and the rest of the mods.... I do own the Italian made G3 with PacMan top element and 2  knobs. I really like the results I see on this thread.

Currently, I live in an appartment and I built a 70cm WFO. It creates great 60s pizza but it requires me hauling 8Kg of wood 3 floors up everytime I fire up. I like the size/convenience/performance of those mods and I am considering switching to electric.

Thanks!

Offline sub

« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2014, 04:49:01 PM »
No you have to do it all by yourself.

First pies of the year

Caputo Pizzeria 62% hydration
Bulk fermented for 24 hours
balled for 21 hours for the first and 27hours for the others.

Offline misterschu

« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
Damn Sub, really nice looking pies.  Do you still turn the pie during the bake with your current mods?