Author Topic: New Starter and new to SD  (Read 1131 times)

Offline hodgey1

• Supporting Member
  • Where is summer?
    • My WFO project
Re: New Starter and new to SD
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 09:54:22 AM »
So, I thought I'd would try to fit a sourdough loaf into the work week  ??? My starter is still at room temp and working very well, so why not?  I was shooting for a 9 hr overnight first rise, then shape prior to work in the morning and retard in the fridge for 9-10 hrs.  I figured then, remove, allow to finish rising if needed and bake after work. Problem  :-\,  I shut the furnace off last week when the weather was improving  ::) and forgot to put it back on. The temp dropped into the 20's overnight and dropped it to 61 in my house.

Needless to say, the dough was not doubled "maybe 40% risen" as I hoped before I had to go to work, so l left it on the counter  ??? I came home to tripled dough that was beyond slack. It was like working with glue. I did my best to shape >:( and let it rise again for 3 hrs, then baked it. The out come was surprisingly good. Excellent sour flavor and a decent crumb. I use 100% HG four which made it very chewy, but still very good. Pictured below are the results. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:59:39 AM by hodgey1 »

wordpress