Author Topic: Domino's Artisan Pizza. Know how to make it???  (Read 1897 times)

Offline tdub154420

Domino's Artisan Pizza. Know how to make it???
« on: June 29, 2012, 01:27:33 AM »
I don't care what anybody says, the Artisan pizzas from Dominos are the best pizza I've gotten from a pizza chain.  They have premium toppings that create delicious flavors and all on a light crust that make for a pizza that's not a belly bomb.  I really want to learn how to make these!! 

The trick seems to be the crust.  It's extremely thin crust (the secret to its lightness), almost transparent in parts of the pizza.  But its not crispy in anyway.  The crust is so thin, but still moist and chewy.  It's incredible. 

Next are the toppings.  I'm not sure what's all on the bacon chicken carbonara but its incredible.  I believe its bacon, tomato, chicken, alfredo sauce and some cheese and likely some spices. 

But enough of my talk, I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.  Does anybody have a copycat recipe for these Domino's Artisan pizzas?
- Trevor

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: Domino's Artisan Pizza. Know how to make it???
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:18:36 AM »
This might be fun to clone. I will order one this weekend to find out what the dough is like and report back. I am not advocating for Dominos in any way - I find their pizza distasteful - but this will be a fun excercise in creating the dough without all the additives and conditioners they are sure to use.

John

pizzapan