Author Topic: Pizza cutters  (Read 1588 times)

Offline pizzaoven dot com

Pizza cutters
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »
I am looking for a new pizza cutter commercial or home grade. I want to know what everyone uses. I always find myself buying a new cutters at least twice a year. I normally buy them in the 10 to 20 dollar price range.
Christina Koller

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
Re: Pizza cutters
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Funny you should ask, I've been thinking my cutter needs a new blade for about 2 months now, and I know that if I were fortunate enough to find one it would probably cost as much as just buying a new cutter. My present one is a Kitchen Aid wheel cutter. I have others around but I don't know where
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:21:53 PM »
I've been using a $4 one from World Market for a year now. It has a 2" wheel and works really well on porcelain pizza plates.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
Off- the wall recomendation: use an Ulu (eskimo snow knife).  Until you master the technique, not quite as fast, but the thing lasts literally forever.  Easy to sharpen.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

parallei

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
Check out your local restaurant supply stores.  I buy whatever is in stock.  Whatever is in stock always has a sanitary handle, a SS blade, is dishwasher safe, and costs around $5 bucks.  The last a couple of years used at home.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
I bought this two-pack at Sam's Club for $4.88. The quality is fairly decent and you get a backup cutter too.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=180436
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline pizzaoven dot com

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »
Off- the wall recomendation: use an Ulu (eskimo snow knife).  Until you master the technique, not quite as fast, but the thing lasts literally forever.  Easy to sharpen.

I actually have one of these that I use for herbs and veggies. I never thought to use it on pizza it seems to small. I was looking at getting the pizza scissors with spatula built in. I wanted to purchase it and write a review for my site but did not want to waste my money if they didn't work. I will have to give my Ulu a try though. That thing is awesome... Save me from crying while dealing with onions b/c it works so fast.
Christina Koller

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »
Colonel_Klink

I just joined a Sam's Club, that's a bargain, thanks for the tip.
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014