Author Topic: Want to build a gas fired deck oven. Any plans available and suggestions?  (Read 20041 times)

buceriasdon

Re: Want to build a gas fired deck oven. Any plans available and suggestions?
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »
reply to self:

After a few arguments with the LBE after a few slightly charred spots and being unable to convince the local test subjects that even slight browning is fully legit on the bottom, I hear they said burnt in Thai to my wife. She pestered me about same so I relented to try a softer crust.
I got an round aluminum baking tray, dusted well with flour and layed out the pie in it. It was placed on the new tile piece on the LBE and I let it crank. FYI, I bought a smooth white ceramic tile, cut it to shape and have tried to get it to emit harmful stuff under heat. So far it's holding up fine and gives me no worries whatsoever. As for the pie cooked in the round tray on in the LBE, amazingly good. No burning or charring on the bottom, crust was not leoparded on top but had puffed up well and had a distinct light crunch. Inside was tender and soft with plenty of void. Bacon and mozzarella.
The test subjects all gave big thumbs up and I am extremely pleased.

So, baking tray on pizza stone or tile in the LBE is a 100% go!

Food cart is supposed to be finished in a couple days and I look forward to seeing how the indigenous heathens react to real pizza for money.

glennb6

I would like to add some comments and suggestions, if you were to start a NEW THREAD and stop attaching to this one.
Don

Offline Sqid

« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2012, 08:54:41 PM »
Hi Glenn, sounds like things are going to schedule.  Comments about being burnt are par for the course!  Look forward to seeing some pics of your anemic pizzas on your new thread.

Just got back from Singapore where I couldn't buy anything for less than a million $.  Actually, not true, I managed to get a discount humidify for $50 - trouble is that when I got it home and turned it on, it wouldn't turn on!  M@##$%%#@er

Have built a new burner but can't test it without a solenoid that I ordered from China a month ago.  Pesky things like civil war in the boarder states getting in the way of progress.  They need to get their priorities sorted!!

Offline glennb6

« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »
Don,

As that this specific thread is between about 3-4 people now, one being in a neighboring country to where I live and share common cultural amusements with, and are also discussing baking pies, ie LBE and how to make a little money making pies, to jump in with 'comments and suggestions to GTFO and make a new thread' is a bit too thread nazi-like to me.

This is a very informative site and forum and it's not mine, so I'll bow out and just read sometimes and leave the thead-nazi control to the mods,

later

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2012, 10:40:34 PM »
Don,

As that this specific thread is between about 3-4 people now, one being in a neighboring country to where I live and share common cultural amusements with, and are also discussing baking pies, ie LBE and how to make a little money making pies, to jump in with 'comments and suggestions to GTFO and make a new thread' is a bit too thread nazi-like to me.

This is a very informative site and forum and it's not mine, so I'll bow out and just read sometimes and leave the thead-nazi control to the mods,

later
Thank you...(from a 5 th person that has been interested in the OP's topic).  :)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

buceriasdon

« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »
Glenn, I thought many people on the forum, fact is most don't read the more dry technical threads such as this one, would have enjoyed reading about a LBE street pizza stand in Thailand, hence twice I suggested creating a new thread on your own rather than go off topic. For that you refer to me as a nazi? Seems a bit extreme to me, but whatever.......
Don