Author Topic: Aren't you guys sick of these build chronicles yet?  (Read 293 times)

Offline arby916

Aren't you guys sick of these build chronicles yet?
« on: October 15, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »
I've been kicking this around for a couple years and wasting countless hours reading this forum. My wife said I need a fence for my pond and since there is no way I'm building railing on my deck only to take it down for the future pizza oven, the project has begun. I'm also sick of heating up my house every time I want to make pizza.

I'm leaning towards a FGM 950B but I'm also still considering a FB Casa 2g90. I'm pretty sure I know how you guys feel about this but are there any last minute opinions out there? Please talk me out of spending twice as much for the 950B!
-Adam

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
Re: Aren't you guys sick of these build chronicles yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »
Oh I'll never get tired of these build chronicles.  Please make this another very detailed one.

What kind of pizza do you want to focus on?  If I had a budget right now, I will go for the FGM 950 B (low dome) just for making Neapolitan pies.

Offline MartyE

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:17:31 PM »
Oh I'll never get tired of these build chronicles.  Please make this another very detailed one.

^^^

Offline moose13

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
Not tired at all, love these!

Offline arby916

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 09:36:12 PM »
Lots of unexciting progress today. Countertops next weekend!
-Adam

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 01:35:52 AM »
I think you are going to need a bigger pond.......the kitchen build is exciting so please continue to post your progress. So far...so good.  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline stonecutter

• Old World Stone & Garden
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
Are you pouring concrete counters or doing stone?
http://oldworldstoneandgarden.com/

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Offline arby916

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
The counters on the left and right of the oven are going to be a red concrete to match the trim of the patio you see in the pictures. Under the concrete counters will be stucco to match other walls on my patio that you can't see. The entire pizza oven section will be stone veneer with arches under the oven for the wood and around the oven door. I have some of the stone laid out in the background of my last picture. I'll try and get better shots of the stone soon. I haven't figured out exactly what I want the roof/chimney to look like.

From reading other posts I'm going to aim for a 50-51" my floor to oven floor height. How much insulation and oven floor height should I expect from the 950B? There seems to be a bit of conflicting information on the website... or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

This link says 4" of bottom insulation: http://www.breadstoneovens.com/collections/residential-ovens/products/oven-950-c

This link makes it look like 2" in the picture: http://www.breadstoneovens.com/pages/our-ovens
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:14:37 PM by arby916 »
-Adam