Author Topic: Mobile Neapolitan WFO  (Read 988 times)

Offline LaLabbo

• I Love Pizza!
Mobile Neapolitan WFO
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:24:04 AM »
Hi guys,

this forum is insane, so much information, great...

Currently I'm planning a mobile WFO. Mobile means: maximum outer diameter is 140cm and maximum weight 750 kg

I think that would result in an inner diameter of 90-100cm ( maybe 90 would be better, due to insulation issues), I want to be able to handle at least 2 pizzas at a time in the oven, is that posisble in an 100cm oven?
According to another thread I think the dimensions of internal hight, opening width/hight should be identical to the bigger models? How do i have to scale the flue size?
Another point I'm wondering about is the "orientation" of the firebricks (250/124/64 mm): commonly positioned as soldiers resulting in a wall thickness of 124mm, is it a bad idea to "turn" the bricks to get a wall thickness of 64mm (less stones->less weight)?

As a floor insulation I want to use about 10-15cm of Vermiculite and a calcium silicate plate (3-4cm), should I use an additional layer ceramic fiber board?
For the floor I use terracotta, can I place the tiles directly on the calcium silicate plate, or with a layer of sand?

As an outer insulation i want to use ceramic fiber and perlite, while the outer shell should be of hourdis plates, any concerns about that?

Thanks for your help,
Marvin!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:13:32 AM by LaLabbo »

Offline Protoolskaiser

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Mobile Neapolitan WFO
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 08:07:32 AM »
Hi guys,

this forum is insane, so much information, great...

Currently I'm planning a mobile WFO. Mobile means: maximum outer diameter is 140cm and maximum weight 750 kg

I think that would result in an inner diameter of 90-100cm ( maybe 90 would be better, due to insulation issues), I want to be able to handle at least 2 pizzas at a time in the oven, is that posisble in an 100cm oven?
According to another thread I think the dimensions of internal hight, opening width/hight should be identical to the bigger models? How do i have to scale the flue size?
Another point I'm wondering about is the "orientation" of the firebricks (250/124/64 mm): commonly positioned as soldiers resulting in a wall thickness of 124mm, is it a bad idea to "turn" the bricks to get a wall thickness of 64mm (less stones->less weight)?

As a floor insulation I want to use about 10-15cm of Vermiculite and a calcium silicate plate (3-4cm), should I use an additional layer ceramic fiber board?
For the floor I use terracotta, can I place the tiles directly on the calcium silicate plate, or with a layer of sand?

As an outer insulation i want to use ceramic fiber and perlite, while the outer shell should be of hourdis plates, any concerns about that?

Thanks for your help,
Marvin!

Hi Marvin,

I am about to build an WFO with the diameter of 80cm and I am very sure that it can handle two pizzas at the same time.
Since you have a maximum weight limit of 750Kg it's definitely worth to consider.
With mobile you mean a truck/trailer?
Cheers, Detlef.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:31:27 PM by Protoolskaiser »

Offline LaLabbo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:24:43 AM »
Hi Detlef,

yes if its going to be something like a pick-up truck or a trailer, I'm not sure about that.

Cheers!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »
My mobile is a model 100 no problem 2-3 at a time 200 pies  in around 4 hrs you can see it and some mobile  info here http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=14533.0   happy to help. I know most think bigger is better it totally depend on the events and style of pizza you want to do
I have 40" floor I  wanted a 48" after I started but now "44 seems more than enough 2-3 at a time at 850 is not for the rookie , you better be on your game!  :chef: bigger oven = more heat up time / more wood consumption, bigger tow vehicle ... I feel 40-44 is the perfect size  I would never go as low as Model 80
best of luck where are you located ? I do have some contacts and can recommend a builder as well  ;)
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Sirius

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 06:04:32 PM »
Am besten für einen Ofen der häufiger bewegt wird ist vermutlich ein Metall"korsett" a la  Acunto.

For an Oven thats moved around a lot I guess its the best to go with a metal"brace" like they do at Mario Acunto.

Offline sub

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 06:31:41 PM »
Maybe but it adds weight

Offline Sirius

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 06:17:57 AM »
if you compare a Classico 5 to a Stefano Ferrara 120cm there wont be much difference regarding the weight.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 09:55:01 PM »
That spec is for the Combo unit Gas and wood ?
Is not Heavier is better ? even for a mobile in this size range?

I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline LaLabbo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 05:15:20 AM »
Thanks so far!

I decided to choose a bigger trailer so that I can handle up to approx. 1000kg.

I'm not sure about the outer shell. At first I wanted to use "Hourdis" (I don't know how they are called in English ex.: http://www.schmidt-feuerfest.de/images/1000x250x40%20nn.jpg) but they are pretty heavy. Any other ideas?

Cheers, Marvin

Offline Tommy G

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 10:57:25 PM »
Hey lalabbo,

How is your oven coming along? Have started building it?  If so,  have any pics for us to see?

Tommy G

Offline LaLabbo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 01:54:26 PM »
Hi Tommy,

not at all, I'm still constructing.

As soon as I have some pics, I'll let you know!

Cheers
Marvin

Offline Tommy G

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »
Hey lalabbo,

Any pics yet?

Tommy G

pizzapan