Author Topic: ALFA Pizza Oven and Other Lower Budget WFOs  (Read 29686 times)

Offline Gosseni

Re: ALFA Pizza Oven and Other Lower Budget WFOs
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »

The Alfa Pizze 4 in action.

Offline jimmy_aussie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »
The Alfa Pizze 4 in action.

Hi i'm looking to buy the Alpha 4 pizze, can you tell me what you think about it, quality how its help up?
Thanks
Jimmy

Offline Gosseni

« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2014, 11:15:15 AM »
I bought the Alfa in March of this year. Have made pizza in the oven every weekend since I picked it up. The Alfa is very mobile and easy to move around on the deck. Still pretty heavy.... 400 plus pounds.... So getting it up stairs was a two man job. The deck can maintain it easily. Further, exterior temperature of oven never exceed 140 degrees Fahrenheit so you cannot burn the house down. After many years of research I went with this oven due to cost, mobility, and yet still retaining the ability to heat an oven to 800 degrees quickly. Pro's and Con's to every approach. Certainly I will be in a position to report better status as I learn. But I have cooked with big Mugniani ovens in my past and have not yet felt that there is too much compromise in the initial stages beyond size of oven. The Mugniani was three times the price with surround. Lot of options to sift out. Lot of it depends on what kind of Pizza you like to create. Warm-up is measured in about 3.5 hours. Temperatures of 850 are easily maintained. The oven is big enough to prepare two 14 inch pizza's at a time. Although I rarely make more than one at a crack. I can get bake times under two minutes. The oven is pretty well insulated but will take more fuel than a ceramic equivalent to be certain. Fit and finish on the oven are exceptional. I like the way the oven looks and operates. I would recommend to anyone. Let me know what other questions you might have.

Offline jimmy_aussie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »
I bought the Alfa in March of this year. Have made pizza in the oven every weekend since I picked it up. The Alfa is very mobile and easy to move around on the deck. Still pretty heavy.... 400 plus pounds.... So getting it up stairs was a two man job. The deck can maintain it easily. Further, exterior temperature of oven never exceed 140 degrees Fahrenheit so you cannot burn the house down. After many years of research I went with this oven due to cost, mobility, and yet still retaining the ability to heat an oven to 800 degrees quickly. Pro's and Con's to every approach. Certainly I will be in a position to report better status as I learn. But I have cooked with big Mugniani ovens in my past and have not yet felt that there is too much compromise in the initial stages beyond size of oven. The Mugniani was three times the price with surround. Lot of options to sift out. Lot of it depends on what kind of Pizza you like to create. Warm-up is measured in about 3.5 hours. Temperatures of 850 are easily maintained. The oven is big enough to prepare two 14 inch pizza's at a time. Although I rarely make more than one at a crack. I can get bake times under two minutes. The oven is pretty well insulated but will take more fuel than a ceramic equivalent to be certain. Fit and finish on the oven are exceptional. I like the way the oven looks and operates. I would recommend to anyone. Let me know what other questions you might have.

Hi,
Just wanted to ask what you meant by "The oven is pretty well insulated but will take more fuel than a ceramic equivalent to be certain" I thought the Alfa was double ceramic insulated" ?
Also what do you mean about "Warm-up is measured in:) about 3.5 hours" ?
How lond does it take to reach temp?
Thanks

Offline Gosseni

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »
Hi Jimmy.
Comparatively the Alfa does not retain heat as well as a ceramic equivalent. At least in my experience. I am not familiar with the definition of "double ceramic insulated" so someone else might be able to help. I will tell you that once at temp the oven will stay stable for about thirty minutes. Then more fuel needs to go in. I can get the temperature to over 800 in less than an hour. It takes more time to get the oven floor to set up and stabilize at the higher temperatures. At around a 3 hour warmup I get very little decrease in floor temperature after cooking even multiple pizzas at a time. Plus you can always sweep some coals onto cooking surface to reheat of required. Let me know what else I can do to assist.

Offline jimmy_aussie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2014, 03:29:11 AM »
Hi Jimmy.
Comparatively the Alfa does not retain heat as well as a ceramic equivalent. At least in my experience. I am not familiar with the definition of "double ceramic insulated" so someone else might be able to help. I will tell you that once at temp the oven will stay stable for about thirty minutes. Then more fuel needs to go in. I can get the temperature to over 800 in less than an hour. It takes more time to get the oven floor to set up and stabilize at the higher temperatures. At around a 3 hour warmup I get very little decrease in floor temperature after cooking even multiple pizzas at a time. Plus you can always sweep some coals onto cooking surface to reheat of required. Let me know what else I can do to assist.

Hey, thanks for the reply
I was under the impression that Alfa 4 pizze heats up to 400 degrees Celsius in 30 min, is this not the case?
Also on the manufacture specs of the oven it says it has a double ceramic blanket for installation?
Has anyone heard of a company called elite pizza ovens? ? made here in Aus.
Thanks
Jimmy

Offline Gosseni

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2014, 10:59:54 AM »
Hi Jimmy,
Sounds like you are in good hands with a local oven builder. I will tell you that the Alfa will not heat up to a temperature of any value in 30 minutes. I believe it is pretty well insulated for a ceramic oven. I dig the oven. Good luck.

Offline jimmy_aussie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2014, 08:13:53 AM »
Hey i'm looking to but a pizza oven but stuck between two models from two companies.
The Zesti EZ1100 Portable Woodfired Pizza Oven
http://www.zesti.com.au/z1100_portable_woodfired_ovens.html

And the Elite Platinum Series oven
http://www.elitepizzaovens.com.au/models/platinum-series

Need some help please!!!

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
Hey i'm looking to but a pizza oven but stuck between two models from two companies.
The Zesti EZ1100 Portable Woodfired Pizza Oven
http://www.zesti.com.au/z1100_portable_woodfired_ovens.html

And the Elite Platinum Series oven
http://www.elitepizzaovens.com.au/models/platinum-series

Need some help please!!!

Look carefully at the floor installation. There was a thread from a guy in Australia, a year or 2 ago, that had one of this oven I think and had major heat loss issue from the floor. He ended up having to buy more insulation to put under the oven.

Looking at the website for Elite, they only use 25mm for the floor insulation. That is not enough, you want a minimum of 50mm.
The Zesti didn't seam to list the floor insulation thickness.

When you assemble it you can always add floor insulation. It is inexpensive and makes a big difference.

Good luck.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Wood fired oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party wood fired oven
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2014, 04:10:41 AM »
we produce a wood fired oven and sell directly for customers save money and reduce price, if you are interested, this is a our website http://www.wood-fired-pizza-oven.us there is most offer
we use all material 100% made in Italy and CEE and the oven is certified for food, to guarantee the quality
http://youtu.be/FiGdCJqg07Y?list=UUyc93kGKtR9hcyD2xxW6nrA
UK/US site: Wood fired oven Pizza Party
New shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA + Wood fired oven Pizza Party + all taxes
Pizza Party facebook fans: Forni Pizza Party customers
italian official web site: Forni a legna Pizza Party

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »
Pizza party,

What is the floor and dome insulation thickness on your ovens?
WFO cooking is about passion.