Author Topic: ALFA Pizza Oven and Other Lower Budget WFOs  (Read 27073 times)

Offline Gosseni

Re: ALFA Pizza Oven and Other Lower Budget WFOs
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »

The Alfa Pizze 4 in action.

Offline jimmy_aussie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #101 on: Yesterday at 10:55:49 AM »
The Alfa Pizze 4 in action.

Hi i'm looking to buy the Alpha 4 pizze, can you tell me what you think about it, quality how its help up?
Thanks
Jimmy

Offline Gosseni

« Reply #102 on: Yesterday at 11:15:15 AM »
I bought the Alfa in March of this year. Have made pizza in the oven every weekend since I picked it up. The Alfa is very mobile and easy to move around on the deck. Still pretty heavy.... 400 plus pounds.... So getting it up stairs was a two man job. The deck can maintain it easily. Further, exterior temperature of oven never exceed 140 degrees Fahrenheit so you cannot burn the house down. After many years of research I went with this oven due to cost, mobility, and yet still retaining the ability to heat an oven to 800 degrees quickly. Pro's and Con's to every approach. Certainly I will be in a position to report better status as I learn. But I have cooked with big Mugniani ovens in my past and have not yet felt that there is too much compromise in the initial stages beyond size of oven. The Mugniani was three times the price with surround. Lot of options to sift out. Lot of it depends on what kind of Pizza you like to create. Warm-up is measured in about 3.5 hours. Temperatures of 850 are easily maintained. The oven is big enough to prepare two 14 inch pizza's at a time. Although I rarely make more than one at a crack. I can get bake times under two minutes. The oven is pretty well insulated but will take more fuel than a ceramic equivalent to be certain. Fit and finish on the oven are exceptional. I like the way the oven looks and operates. I would recommend to anyone. Let me know what other questions you might have.

Offline jimmy_aussie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #103 on: Yesterday at 09:04:24 PM »
I bought the Alfa in March of this year. Have made pizza in the oven every weekend since I picked it up. The Alfa is very mobile and easy to move around on the deck. Still pretty heavy.... 400 plus pounds.... So getting it up stairs was a two man job. The deck can maintain it easily. Further, exterior temperature of oven never exceed 140 degrees Fahrenheit so you cannot burn the house down. After many years of research I went with this oven due to cost, mobility, and yet still retaining the ability to heat an oven to 800 degrees quickly. Pro's and Con's to every approach. Certainly I will be in a position to report better status as I learn. But I have cooked with big Mugniani ovens in my past and have not yet felt that there is too much compromise in the initial stages beyond size of oven. The Mugniani was three times the price with surround. Lot of options to sift out. Lot of it depends on what kind of Pizza you like to create. Warm-up is measured in about 3.5 hours. Temperatures of 850 are easily maintained. The oven is big enough to prepare two 14 inch pizza's at a time. Although I rarely make more than one at a crack. I can get bake times under two minutes. The oven is pretty well insulated but will take more fuel than a ceramic equivalent to be certain. Fit and finish on the oven are exceptional. I like the way the oven looks and operates. I would recommend to anyone. Let me know what other questions you might have.

Hi,
Just wanted to ask what you meant by "The oven is pretty well insulated but will take more fuel than a ceramic equivalent to be certain" I thought the Alfa was double ceramic insulated" ?
Also what do you mean about "Warm-up is measured in:) about 3.5 hours" ?
How lond does it take to reach temp?
Thanks

pizzapan