Author Topic: Ready to Tow Pizza Oven  (Read 1732 times)

Offline cnkymnky

Ready to Tow Pizza Oven
« on: July 04, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
I'm all ready and chomping at the bit. They say the oven will be ready for delivery on August 20th...seems like an eternity :-D

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Re: Ready to Tow Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 06:47:13 PM »
You might want to start planning your installation process now...  such as venting, refrigeration, access doors, counter space, side awning, etc.  A truck that size won't give you a whole lot of room to store tables and chairs in addition to the usual tools of pizza.

But after seeing your garage kitchen, I have every confidence you have thought through every detail!
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »
sorry didnt mean to confuse, this truck isnt to be converted into a kitchen/food service truck, it is to pull a woodfired oven trailer and haul other equipment for events and catering gigs. :)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:30:41 PM »
Great Choice!!! after doing this for little over a year I can say that  in my opinion you have made the best choice !! I am currently looking for a van and love the way the 10' box works out. just wont fit in my garage :(  so going standard E250 or 350 . You will probably just build a garage for this truck right ? Next to the garage kithchen Its so nice to have a place to keep things without schlepping on and off on and off.  The prep table can be scary  on the pick up at times on grass or uneven surface , but you will probably also be installing a Tommy lift  to the back of the van as you seem to be  on the unlimited budget plan  ;) and  going 1st class for sure !!
way to go! Hope you are cooking by September when did you actually place the order for the oven?
Cant wait !!
oh -- you are welcome to come practice with me anytime !! glad to have you
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »
Hey John...sadly the van won't fit in my garage either but hey, that's what driveways are for :) I have seen the pictures of your prep table in the back of your pickup and have no idea how you get it there, the only thing I can come up with is that you actually are superman. once you find your van I am sure you will love it. The oven i ordered actually has a spot on it with a built in ramp to transport a 60 inch prep table so no lift required on the van but that would have been a good idea. I placed the order for the oven on June 12th. Seems like its been 6 months already. time flies when your having fun. Wish I could drag New Jersey a little farther west as I would love to come check out your operation. I would also love tou have the information on the facebook woodfired cooking group you mentioned in another post, I am very new to facebook but I am there somewhere. Thanks for the posts of your recent awe inspiring events, those pies are nothing short of perfection, man i hope I can come close to what I've seen out of you, time will tell....have a great day and hope your 4th of July was awsome
Ray

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
10 ft 2 piece foldable ramps ! for loading  not a big deal for 2 people on driveway or Patio, but shakey on the uneven grass areas.  I like the Idea of having it on board the trailer as with the FWI but that will be on the "next one" I really like the mobility of the smaller trailer and being able to get into toight spots ,backyards....
PM me your facebook info I will hook you up right away ray... great group ! za man is in there , and a few other members from here,
john 
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Tman1

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »
That truck will help you out for sure... schlepping equipment stinks. I'm betting John uses ramps like I do. I wish could see more pics of Cane Rosso's new trailer... that's got to be a good set-up.

Offline Pizza De Puta

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 01:13:45 AM »
That rig looks like the perfect setup to complement a trailered pizza oven, especially if it has a lift gate.

Good Luck.
RE