Author Topic: Stainless Steel Wood Fired Oven On Wheels  (Read 3843 times)

Offline JoeyVelderrain

Stainless Steel Wood Fired Oven On Wheels
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:55:37 PM »
So I wanted something small and portable and I found these on ebay.

$1,699
Wood Fired Pizza Oven Stainless Steel Top and Stainless Steel Base | eBay

$1,795
Wood Fired Pizza Oven Stainless Steel Top, Heavy Duty Black Metal Base | eBay

Here is a video of it from another guy selling them; (trying to figure out how to embed it)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-bhpR0Us9Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-bhpR0Us9Y</a>

Anyway, I am placing an order for ten of these direct from the factory so that I can get a better price on them. I am keeping two, one for me and one for my brother's birthday present.

I want to sell the remaining 8 ovens to recoup some of the money.
I wanted to check with you guys first before I listed them on ebay.

I plan on listing them for $1,395 plus $270 shipping and I'm sure they will sell fast.

I can sell them to you guys for $1,100 plus $200 shipping.

If anyone is interested, send me an email and I'll set one aside for you.

I will have the delivery in about 3 weeks.

Josephvelderrain@gmail.com
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:03:24 PM by JoeyVelderrain »

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Re: Stainless Steel Wood Fired Oven On Wheels
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
You're not going to sell many without some pics to prove they can do the job, frankly.  Looks like a dressed-up half-barrel design made in China.  Usual issues include lack of heat retention, control and poor usability in general.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline JoeyVelderrain

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »
You're probably right, I'll see what happens when I light mine up.
 I'm sure if the main issue is thermal mass this can be easily repaired under the bricks by adding insulating board material, inside between the two dome shells may take some cutting and welding.
They do advertise that it gets up to baking heat at 30 minutes, it's just a matter of how well it maintains that heat.

I'll post videos of my experimentation with them.

Offline scott123

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:31:14 AM »
Insulating board material is not thermal mass. In order to add mass, you'd have to add something dense, like refractory, and this oven most likely doesn't have the structural strength to handle substantially more weight.

This oven was recently discussed here:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,19857.msg194869.html#msg194869

No thermal mass in the dome and a dome height that is too high. It also puts the fire at the back, which is a lot harder to work with than the fire on the side.

It's very pretty, so hopefully you'll be able to unload the units you don't need, but, for anyone that's truly serious about making pizza, this oven most likely isn't for them.

Btw, regarding your deleted post at Forno Bravo.  While I think that whenever a post is deleted, a reason should be provided (especially at a site with only a few posts a day), it really shouldn't surprise you that the post was deleted.  You can't post a message about selling ovens in a forum
that sells their own ovens, regardless of whether or not you're selling them as an individual or a business.

pizzapan