Author Topic: I know many of you have recommended this company, but...  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Tory

I know many of you have recommended this company, but...
« on: July 06, 2012, 05:36:26 PM »
Several people here have recommended I buy some starters from sourdo.com, but I have to say, I'm not sure why all the recommendations. I find this business to have atrocious customer service practices, ranging from indifference to all-out disregard for customers.

When I did receive replies from them, their responses were rather curt and not especially helpful. I'm on the verge of telling them to shove it and cancel my order.

Sorry, but I can't recommend sourdo.com to anyone until they start engaging in better customer service.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Re: I know many of you have recommended this company, but...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:48:52 PM »
Perhaps it was a miscommunication.  I've always heard decent things about them.  Well, one thing's true - once you get your starter, you don't have to deal with them anymore unless you let it die.

If you are having trouble getting your starter.. um, started, then why you don't take a look around at the many posts re starters here?  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:50:52 PM by pizzaneer »
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 07:21:37 PM »
Here's a place that will send you some starter for the price of a postage stamp   http://carlsfriends.net/source.html

Offline anton-luigi

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 07:31:02 PM »
I dunno,  I have ordered from Ed twice now.  I had trouble with activation,  emailed Ed and he responded quickly,  gave me the appropriate information I needed to troubleshoot what was going on.  My experience with Sourdo.com has been fantastic in my eyes and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.  You have obviously had a different experience,  not sure what happened with your situation.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »
I dunno,  I have ordered from Ed twice now.  I had trouble with activation,  emailed Ed and he responded quickly,  gave me the appropriate information I needed to troubleshoot what was going on.  My experience with Sourdo.com has been fantastic in my eyes and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.  You have obviously had a different experience,  not sure what happened with your situation.

my experience has been the same, I even received an email reply on a holiday - I think it was New Years

Offline Tory

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »
I am at a complete and total loss as to what people see in this Sourdo.com company.

In trying to deal with them, they are digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves. They are almost the rudest people I've ever dealt with.

Sorry, but I cannot recommend this company!!!!!  Their customer service methods are an abomination. The business manager there told me they've been in business for over 26 years. I'm surprised they could stay in business for 26 minutes with that attitude.

"Ed's" attitude is almost like he's doing his customers a favor by letting them buy his products. That's not a good way to do business!

And to top it off, even though I sent back the unopened package I ordered from them, they're acting like they're not going to give a refund even though they said they would. Sorry, but that's just a horrible way to do business.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:08:35 PM by Tory »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »
I'm not sure what happened but what would you need customer service for? You order a packet of dried culture, they mail it to you, thats about it. Unless they came opened then that would make total sense. It's not like you ordered a computer and it's not working.

pizzapan