Author Topic: "Vacation" from Pizza?  (Read 3561 times)

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Re: "Vacation" from Pizza?
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »
That's weird. In our area, I don't think that the mosquitoes are nearly as bad this year as they normally are. I was thinking that it was because it has been so dry.

Unfortunately, I live in the woods a hundred yards from the Chesapeake Bay.  It's a very pretty area... if you can stand the bugs.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »
That's weird. In our area, I don't think that the mosquitoes are nearly as bad this year as they normally are. I was thinking that it was because it has been so dry.
Central North Carolina..no June bugs this year and the mosquito count is way more tolerable. The downside is that we also are experiencing an extremely rare low commodity of bees...mater plants are really suffering.... >:(
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
Unfortunately, I live in the woods a hundred yards from the Chesapeake Bay.  It's a very pretty area... if you can stand the bugs.

Definitely a pretty area. My uncle lives in Annapolis so I have visited the area a lot. Chesapeake Bay crabs are the best!
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 01:49:49 PM »
In Texas, there is a regulator that governs how often pizza is made, and it is called summer. Last year, we had over 72 days in my part of Texas (outside of Dallas) where the temperature was at or over 100 degrees F We fell shy by two days of the number of consecutive days where the temperature was at or over 100 degrees F. That record was 42 days. I suppose the good news is that the "vacations" away from pizza that Texans takes inherently regulates their waist sizes. Or, as a pundit once said: "A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

Peter

I cut way back on my food intake when it's summertime (I'm just not as hungry), even though we've only been hovering in the upper 80's (it's the humidity that gets to me... it's been in the 65-85% range most of the past 2 weeks). I hate air conditioning, but have had it going for most of that time (set at 78-79 to make it tolerable... drives the humidity down as well to the mid-50's).

My wife lived in Alabama for a year (before I rescued her :-X), and when I visited it was regularly 100 degrees with 70+ percent humidity. I don't know how people do it... I was constantly channeling my inner wicked witch of the west... I'm melting, I'm melting.

What would we do without pundits... good chuckle on that one. Thanks, Peter.

Having said all that, it's pizza night tonight (6 day old Glutenboy dough), with bread baking to follow.

Barry

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.