Author Topic: Redpack crushed-the verdict...  (Read 1548 times)

Offline mykall

Redpack crushed-the verdict...
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »
...not bad at all.  I was expecting them to be horrible from my memory of Tuttorosso, which are the same company.  These are definitely useable tomatoes and while I've got a pantry full of other brands to try these are not nearly as sweet as 6 in 1 making them more suitable for a thin pie IMHO.  I will say that a 20 minute strain is too much as they will look like a lump of beets but I'm going to try half the pie strained and the other
half right out of the can and see what happens.

Offline mykall

Re: Redpack crushed-the verdict...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:33 PM »
Just opened a can of Pastene crushed today and there is no comparison.  Pastene over Redpack hands down.   Found them at Fresh Market, and acc'd to their website this is the only retailer in my area.  I don't remember them being this hard to find years ago.

Offline The Slice

Re: Redpack crushed-the verdict...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:25:01 PM »
I tried a can of redpack crushed a few weeks ago. I thought they had a very unique taste. To me they kind of tasted like a NJ jarred tomato. I thought they maybe could be worked with for a unique pizza sauce so I messed around with them a bit but didn't get too far. I mixed them with some centos but didn't really get a flavor I was looking for.