Author Topic: New Oven  (Read 2725 times)

Offline edge

• I Love Pizza!
New Oven
« on: October 30, 2005, 02:28:40 PM »
Hi all i have laid my base and built the block stand as the Forno Bravo site plans show. Can anyone advise why the Vermiculite concrete insulating layer is at the bottom?? then covered with standard or refactory concrete. i can not find refactory cement or fire bricks anywhere in London as yet . Have sent out loads of emails no one has replied if anyone has delt with a company in the UK let me know please. 

Offline Alf

• I Love Pizza!
Re: New Oven
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 04:30:22 PM »
Hi Edge,

The vermiculite concrete is an insulating layer to your oven, the concrete layer above it is thermal mass for the ovens cooking floor. Refractory cement is available from any of our cement manufactures in the UK, it is generally called high aluminium cement, ask for it or look on the cement manufactures websites. To build a brick oven refractory mortar is not necessary just use a high lime mortar mix.

You will find firebricks from the Travis Perkins web site, rather expensive, however, for a small amount like you will require they will be delivered so not to bad.

Alf

Offline edge

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 05:50:31 AM »
Thanks for your help Alf . I am just off to my local Garden center to pick up some 110 ltr bags of vermiculite 12.00 a bag sounds good.

Will look at Travis Perkins site and order some Fire Bricks and a few bags of Lime.

Cheers Robin

Offline edge

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 08:04:32 AM »
Have now found my bricks 1.32 + vat each and as we speak their speeding up the M4 to me. i have taken photos of my work so far and will continue till the end if anyone would like to see them i will post them here for all to see.

Robin

Offline Alf

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 11:20:15 AM »
Sounds a good price for the fire bricks who did iou get them off

Alf

Offline edge

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 03:19:37 PM »
Hi Alf  i got my bricks from Purimachos in Bristol i ordered 250 and 3 x 25 kg tubs of special cement (just add water)
will be delivered on Friday at an extra cost of 35.00 have a look at their web site.

Tel : 01179554361

Travis Perkins  wanted 2.05 per brick but there Vermiculite was a good price 9.52 for 110 ltr bags