Author Topic: Pizza, dough, and...the gastrointestinal "journey"  (Read 1409 times)

Offline AP

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza, dough, and...the gastrointestinal "journey"
« on: August 27, 2012, 05:36:34 AM »
So.......I've been debating over asking on this forum about thoughts on fiber additives and their effect(s) on dough performance (during production) and I was very thrilled to find Pete-zza's post here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=9254.0.

I once read that Italian mills take pride in producing flours that respect the entire gastrointestinal "process" and was wondering how any of you felt about the idea of fiber additives to help your customers (family, friends, commercial customers, etc) not so much regret the latter end of the pizza experience  :-[

I've been researching Psyllium Husk Powder a bit and wondered if any of you knew of any ramifications to adding such a supplement to your dough; to everything from baking results to health code requirements (i.e. can you put a dietary supplement in a commercial product without telling people?).  Thanks for your responses if there are any...

And, to those of you with bowels of steel  >:(

Offline AP

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza, dough, and...the gastrointestinal "journey"
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »
I typed out a huge post about this experiment.  It had 3 images attached, one of which was 8k over the limit.  The contents of my post are gone.  Pretend you're reading something half-way interesting...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 07:46:18 PM by AP »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »
I typed out a huge post about this experiment.  It had 3 images attached, one of which was 8k over the limit.  The contents of my post are gone.  Pretend you're reading something half-way interesting...

AP,

I would have like to have heard about your experiment.  :) If you want to try typing the contents of your experiment again, you could type them in your word processor and then if what you posted is lost, (after the pictures that were too big) at least you still will have what you typed.  Maybe other members will also let you know what they do so they don't lose their posts.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:12:50 PM »
I feel your pain re losing all your typing!

Type the post first, post it, then attach pictures using the "modify" button.  Resize the pictures to 800x600 (in general, this works well).

I am interested in this topic as well.  I don't really know why, but sometimes my digestion is completely torn up by pizza.  The biggest variable is the crust.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 10:19:16 PM »
AP,

I would have like to have heard about your experiment.  :) If you want to try typing the contents of your experiment again, you could type them in your word processor and then if what you posted is lost, (after the pictures that were too big) at least you still will have what you typed.  Maybe other members will also let you know what they do so they don't lose their posts.

Norma
After typing out my post I highlight all of it , hit copy, then quickly pull up "note pad" dump it in there and then go about my business... ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline scott123

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 10:36:34 AM »

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 09:14:56 AM »
Thanks for that, Scott. Now I have it too. :)