Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 2320 times)

Nancy

Welcome
« on: January 11, 2004, 01:54:48 PM »
The recipe I am currently using is the one in Peter Reinhart's book, The Bread Baker's Apprentice.  It is a retarded dough that I find works equally well for a thin crust or for a hand-tossed type crust.  I love the flavor and it is so easy to work with.  I usually make one batch, divide into six balls, put two in the fridge and 4 in the freezer for later.  We are fans of thin crust around here and each ball will make about a 12" pizza.  If I plan on making a pan pizza or hand-tossed type, I usually use two balls per pizza.

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Re:Electrolux DLX
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 02:10:16 PM »
Nancy, you will find that we are all great fans of cold retarded pizza dough.  Go to the recipes &technique section of this forum for some excellent threads on everyone’s current projects.

Randy

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 02:58:11 PM »
I'm reading his (Reinhart's) American Pie book now.  Hope to finish it up in the next day or so.

Nancy, I hope you will regester on the forum since it is free and painless and will both you (you can see which topics and threads have been updated) and other members.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline naschol

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 11:58:15 AM »
Done, DKM!  I know I should have done so earlier, but I belong to so many groups, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  However, this group seems to be one I will be sticking with for some time.  There is a lot of great info on this site.

Let me know what you think of the American Pie book.  I came really close to ordering it last week, but thought I'd wait to see what reactions were.  Another area of my life I am feeling overwhelmed in - I have well over 100 cookbooks!  Do you ever feel out of control? ;D

Nancy

Offline naschol

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 12:00:08 PM »
Randy,

I thought I had a pretty good dough recipe before, but since trying the retarded recipe, I realize I didn't know what "good" was!  It really enhances the flavor!

Nancy

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 12:19:02 PM »
Welcome aboard Nancy.  Glad you decided to stay.  
Your right about the retarded dough.  I can't believe so very recipes mention this simple but highly effective technique.
Throw in where you can.  We are not experts, just curious with a desire to make a great pizza..

Randy

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
Re:Welcome
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 04:42:27 PM »
Nancy,

I've finished the book and am going to write a review here when I have some time to write.  It will be a mixed review.

DKM
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 04:51:52 PM by DKM »
I'm on too many of these boards

pizzapan