Author Topic: Says "Already submitted"  (Read 1081 times)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Says "Already submitted"
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:01:12 PM »
But I didn't....it is not posted. How do I refresh, or am I going to loose my draft?  Thanks for the help!

This occured after being sent back due to oversized attach.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:04:22 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Says "Already submitted"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 09:45:48 AM »
But I didn't....it is not posted. How do I refresh, or am I going to loose my draft?  Thanks for the help!

This occured after being sent back due to oversized attach.

Not sure what happened in your situation, but what I *always* do (on any forum) when I type a lengthy reply, is I select all of my text and copy it. That way if something screwy happens, I can just paste it back in.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:56:02 AM »
Thanks Steve...I now remember Norma saying she does that too. I'll git 'er worked out...

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
It may be a feature of the browser, but since I switched a few years back to Chrome, whenever I encounter such an error, when I BACK to the previous page, the text is almost always still there.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »
Bill, I'm using Chrome also and when I backpedaled it was still there but kept saying already posted...weird.

I saved it per O Great One's tutoring and all is lovely. Just had a 'lil panic attack there for a minute cause I know how badly my peeps wanted to know about my frozen Tombstone! Wheeeew....thanks fellas!!    8)

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:03:17 AM »
It may be a feature of the browser, but since I switched a few years back to Chrome, whenever I encounter such an error, when I BACK to the previous page, the text is almost always still there.
This works for Firefox too.

As mentioned, I also periodically copy to the clipboard when I'm typing a long post. If it's really long, I sometimes even paste it to Notepad and save it to a file just in case the computer crashes or something.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 11:31:03 AM »
I wonder if that is new to FireFox - when I was posting our build thread last year, that happened to me a few times as photos were too big/too many/whatever, and "back" did not return me to the text so I would have to start over.  It was VERY frustrating.  I learned to save the text in my browser until I was sure it posted...

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »
I wonder if that is new to FireFox - when I was posting our build thread last year, that happened to me a few times as photos were too big/too many/whatever, and "back" did not return me to the text so I would have to start over.  It was VERY frustrating.  I learned to save the text in my browser until I was sure it posted...
Actually, that's how my hiccup occured come to think about it.
File size too large, corrected that and then got the "already posted" error. Didn't loose any thing...put it in notepad, signed off/on and then posted.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »
That's weird, I thought for sure that I've done that before but I just tested it and "back" doesn't work.

Anyway, there is an excellent add-on for Firefox called Textarea Cache that automatically saves the contents of any teaxtarea box. You can just right-click and bring back anything that you typed in the past. You can get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/textarea-cache/

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08:27 PM »
Don, I hear many good things about Fire Fox....can you tell me anything you don't like about it?  Thanks!

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »
Don, I hear many good things about Fire Fox....can you tell me anything you don't like about it?  Thanks!
I can't think of anything that I don't like about Firefox. Chrome is good too. Anything that is NOT Internet Explorer is fine with me. I despise IE and I despise websites that use proprietary Microsoft crap that forces me to use IE.

One of the biggest things that I like about Firefox is that are tons of excellent add-ons and plugins available.