Author Topic: How to find today's or recent posts?  (Read 793 times)

Offline petef

How to find today's or recent posts?
« on: July 17, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »
I've had this happen many times where I login and click.. "Show unread posts since last visit" but for one reason or another after reading various selected threads I don't reply to any posts even though I fully intend to. For example, I get a phone call and have to log off. So later that day I login again and I'd like to find some of those threads I was reading earlier so that I can reply.

The problem is, I can't find the threads because I've read them already. I don't see any option to list "today's" posts as I'm used to doing with many of the other forums I use frequently. Is there any way to list the most recent posts or "today's" posts after I've already read them?

---pete---

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: How to find today's or recent posts?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:15:12 PM »
petef,

To take you back one step from where Bill took you, if you go to the bottom of the main page of the forum and look in the section called Forum Stats, you will see a statement "View the most recent posts on the forum". Click on that statement (link). That will give you ten pages of the most recent posts. There are ten posts per page, or a total of 100 posts. That's the total. There are no older ones.

This is a problem that I am faced with as a Moderator because I have to look at every post. If I want to reply to any post, I have to do it when I first look at it. Otherwise, I have to hunt it down later. Since we frequently have well over a 100 new posts a day, I can't always rely on the method discussed above to find a particular post.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:23:30 PM »
Pete,

I donít know if this will help, but if I had posts I didnít read after I have read the posts I wanted to and then logged off,  then after I read all the new posts upon logging on again then I click on Click here to read all unread topics.  You need to click though all the new topics first.  I also think you can mark topics read or not.

This is the link I see after all the posts were clicked though.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=unread

You can also Modify your profile for the Look and Layout Preferences and check different preferences that you might want.  This section allows you to customize the look and layout of the forum.   

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline petef

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 01:02:19 AM »
petef,

To take you back one step from where Bill took you, if you go to the bottom of the main page of the forum and look in the section called Forum Stats, you will see a statement "View the most recent posts on the forum". Click on that statement (link). That will give you ten pages of the most recent posts. There are ten posts per page, or a total of 100 posts. That's the total. There are no older ones.

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for. I just tested it by logging out and was able to find this thread again. Very good! ---pete---