Author Topic: Charleston, SC: Any recommendations?  (Read 500 times)

Offline pizzablogger

Charleston, SC: Any recommendations?
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
I'm going to be in Charleston, SC for a very short period of time tomorrow. I do not have a minute to spare before having to be in Murrell's Inlet later in the day, so I am going to try to compress three pizzarias into a very short window of time.

After spending too much time looking at pictures, Yelp, Urbanspoon and blogs, I am going to try and visit EVO (Extra Virgin Oven), Vespa Pizza and Monza Pizza. All are claiming to be Neapolitan pizzerias.

Is there any pizzeria that has just recently opened up that I should know about?

I've looked at plenty of pictures of D'Allesandro's, Mia Pomodori, Orlando's, Zappo's and a bunch of others that did not look to appetizing from the pictures.

Thanks and I'll report back with my quick hitter in Charleston. --K
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Charleston, SC: Any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
Its a cool town Kelly anxious to hear if they can put out a Neapolitan in SC ? Thanks!
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline cnkymnky

Re: Charleston, SC: Any recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:12:55 PM »
Love Charleston. i am so jealous wish I was gonna be there tomorrow.....Truely my favorite U.S. city. Almost moved there in 1999, had a full ride at Johnson and Wales Culinary University starting in 1999, unfortunately got very sick, almost didn't make it, so plans had to change and I didn't get to go :'(, but anyway a very lovely city, have a great time there, just a shame you don't have more time to take it all in....

pizzapan