Author Topic: First try and using a Blackstone Oven  (Read 332 times)

Offline DanFiero

First try and using a Blackstone Oven
« on: December 28, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »
Okay, I tried DKM's recipe for the first time tonight.  I made 4 pizzas for a little party we had tonight.  i made the dough up yesterday using the 5.8 ounces of water and the rest of the recipe as written.  The first dough I had real difficulty forming the ball after it came out of the food processor.  The next 3 was a little easier as once I had the basic ball formed I wrapped it in cling wrap and was able to really squeeze it together a little better.  I did a 24 hour rise but unfortunately my proofing containers were to small and kept popping the lids off so my dough had a dry top by the time I was ready to roll it out.  I did end up microwaving the dough balls for 30 secs to make them a little easier to roll out as at room temp it was hard to do.  I did par bake the crusts in my regular oven for 5 min. @ 500 degrees.  Then I dressed the skins and baked the rest of the way in my xmas present from the wife of a Blackstone Pizza Oven.  I meant to try par baking the last crust in the blackstone but I got in a rhythm and forgot.  I didn't take any before pics but I did take after pics and I can say I was really pleased with the way they turned out, I might try laminating the dough next time to compare how it might change the bubbles and flakiness of this dough.  But I definitely need to get dedicated proofing containers.
1st pic:  Cooking in the Blackstone
2nd and 3rd Pic:  Crust out of the Blackstone
4th Pic:  Buffalo Chicken
5th Pic: Combination (garbage pizza)
6th Pic: All Meat
7th Pic: Canadian Bacon, Pineapple and Jalapeno
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:26:06 PM by DanFiero »