Author Topic: Dough Doctors cracker...No fail!  (Read 32107 times)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
Re: Dough Doctors cracker...No fail!
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »
  I need to make a cracker again. I needed a break, I was not progressing like I wanted. I've been making other styles of pies. Though, I have been doing research on crackers, and I am ready to take the plunge. So in the near future, I will be making some. Got some new ideas from friends on the  forum.

Offline JohnnyQuest

« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2015, 10:42:21 AM »
Thanks Nick, sounds good.  Can you clarify on thing for me?  Your Lehman calculations on page 1 of this post have no sugar or salt.   I've seen different numbers throughout.  Maybe I missed it, but if you get a chance, can you update the recipe with those in the amount you found that worked best?

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2015, 02:47:31 PM »
  Here's the calculations. A note.... The thickness factor is .1, but in reality it's about.07 TF. The reason is, I roll the skin out to about 20 inches or so. I make it that size, because I don't want any rough edges. I trim the final skin size so it will overlap the top of my cutter pan, and then I can use a rolling pin to cut the skin to form the top edge of the skin. The finished skin is about as thick as a credit card. I included salt in this formulation. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:53:15 PM by nick57 »

Offline JohnnyQuest

« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2015, 08:33:46 PM »
Thanks again Nick, greatly appreciated.

Offline Packer Pizza Guy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2015, 08:08:52 AM »
Without weighing everything what is the recipe?i want to perfect my pizza making skills. Do you use bread flour? Any hello would be appreciated.

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2015, 09:24:21 AM »
  First rule I learned on the forum, weigh the ingredients. There are too many variables when using volume measurements. Here is what King Arthur Flours says on the subject.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipe/measuring.html

Even using their methods you can still get inconsistent weights, sometimes 10 to 20% off. If you want to make consistent pies you need to get a scale and weigh the flour. I used KABF for these pies. It has been recommended to use a higher protein flour like KASL.

pizzapan